Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WWW.QUITTRIPPING.COM

Happy and glorious Wednesday people!!....how are you all doing today?.....I am doing pretty good…..ready to get off work….so I can get ready for my other job…..Texas weather is so crazy!!...woke up this morning thinking about wearing a sweater…..glad I used some common sense on that one!!.....just went outside to get ice cream and it seemed like it melted before I could even open it…..crazy…….

So last night while I was washing my clothes, I watched the BET Awards…..first off, let me say, I really don’t like watching shows like this…especially being in my line of work….it makes me feel like a failure seeing that I have yet to be nominated for anything, let alone, even been there…..and being 30, its frustrating…..at times, it makes me want to work hared while at others, I get discouraged….I promise that next year, I will be at an award show, rather it be locally or nationally……this is a goal I am setting for myself……

Ok back from my tangent……was I the only one that heard how horrible the mics sounded?.......and it seemed like way too much was going on that wasn’t coordinated….I know it came on Sunday, but I’m typically late when it comes to television…..a few artist were performing songs I have never heard……and then…..there’s Chris Brown……wow, he did an awesome job……I cant believe the “hip hop illuminati” decided not to show up, simply because he was there……how selfish is that??.........what makes them so much better that they cant forgive him for his actions…I still stand by my theory that Rhianna said something fly…….but watching him break down during his rendition of Man in the Mirror…..really had me thinking….even in my altered state at the time…..its hard to ask someone to change when there is a lot inside of us that needs to be fixed…….no one person can change the world…but if we change ourselves, the healing begins….I never disliked him for his actions but I commend him for stepping up…..has anyone ever heard his side of the story?.....for him to take all the blame is noble in itself……before we continue to judge people and their imperfections, lets look at the
Man in the Mirror………….

I got to work this morning and had a pile of work on my desk……I’m thinking how was I ever going to get through it all in one day….my boss comforted me by telling that I always have tomorrow if I don’t complete it all today……..so I work diligently to get all of my task done……I actually finished most of them but then my boss comes back over and sees my pile of work getting smaller…..you know what he does?......he gives me more task to finish…..this is a cycle…complete on thing, get two more to accomplish…….finish those two, there are three more things to do…….my inbox never gets empty……..

We must also realize this fact about life……sometimes, we don’t understand that even when we die, our inbox will still be full……..we take things so seriously that we forget to do the little things that keep us happy………even at work…sometimes, we feel we have so much to do, we miss lunch…..well in life, God has a lot for us to do, but we are able to rest…we have to rest…..we must not let our goals and dreams run us crazy…….

When I was younger, I wanted to go to college…check…then I wanted to be a teacher and get married…..check check…….next I wanted to put out a CD….done…..now I have my own company and visions on opening my youth center…after God allows that to happen, I still wont be done with my purpose…..in the meantime, I must spend time to enjoy life and all its intricacies………we cant get tied down with trying to complete it all….remember when my grandmother was in the hospital??.......instead of sitting down and resting, I still tried to do everything I could to continue the Essential Entertainment movement…next thing you know, I ended up in the hospital……..and the doctor told me I needed to rest…….I didn’t want to get behind…but if I would have died, what would I have been able to accomplish….absolutely nothing…….even I had to realize this fact…….

look, I understand we all have life issues…we all have things that we would like to get done….we all have dreams and aspirations….SO!.......they don’t mean anything if we are not in our right mind to function…….if the foundation of our soul is cracked, nothing with stand up….and even when you are working hard, don’t get discouraged that your mission is never completed……that’s life my friends……don’t worry about your inbox…..you will never be able to empty it anyway……….

Well that concludes today’s edition……DON’T FORGET TONIGHT IS ROCK OUT WEDNESDAYS AT ROLLS ROYCE!!!......DOORS OPEN AT 9….$5 TO ENTER, $10 TO PERFORM………THE BEST OF THE BEST WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE….DJ BIGG KATT ONT THE 1’S AND 2’S AND OF COURSE, SPACESHIP OHAYSES THE INCREDIBLE WILL BE IN THE BUILDING….9220 SKILLMAN STREET IN NORTH DALLAS…..I WANT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!.........
Shout outs to my girl Chris from U.B.E…..its amazing how you can connect with people…and with the spirit God has given me, I can tell a good person….thank you for the opportunity to get to know you…..IF THERE IS ANY ARTIST THAT WOULD LIKE TO GET ON A SUMMER MIXTAPE, PLEASE GET AT ME!!!.............its called networking humans…..learn it………..

Love yall!!!!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment