Thursday, June 10, 2010

I THOUGHT THAT WAS RED KOOL-AID!!!

I have been sleepy ALL DAY!!!.....and I probably wont get any sleep tonight as well……but hey, that’s the life…..how are you all doing today?....one more day until the weekend……at least for most of us…I’m working all this weekend so I truly wont have time to rest…….unless I find time….Stephanie told me the other day, I am the only person she knows that takes power naps as soon as I get home from work….I figured…..either she doesn’t know many people……or she was just talking to hear herself speak……because I needs my naps…should have went home today for lunch!!!......

Now when I am sleepy, I have a tendency to ramble…..if you see that happening, stop me and bring it to my attention….oh yeah, you cant stop me…you are reading this!!......well, deal with it and respond back to me…….

I have a question…how many of you have listened to my music???......I’m just wondering…..if you haven’t, go on to iTunes or Amazon and check it out for yourself…..if you have the funds, pick up a song or two, or buy the whole album……I would greatly appreciate it……..

I’m starting a new series next Wednesday…….its going to be called “Why Wednesdays”…..but in order for it to be successful, I will need you all’s help……each Wednesday, I want to ask questions that we all think about starting with “Why”…..like, Why do women shaved all their eyebrows off and draw them on?.....or “Why do fat people order a lot of food and then get a Diet Coke?”…….hopefully, we can get some answers to these tough questions…..all I ask, if you have a “Why Wednesday” question is to email it to me……I want to have fun with this series……and if your question is inappropriate, understand it will not be posted up on here…….

For some reason today, I was thinking about my blow out a few weeks ago…….recalling the events is painful, but I had to put them in perspective……I saw that my tires were showing tread…they were wearing out…..but I……figuring that I have all the right answers decided to continue to drive my truck without any thought of the repercussions…..the tire was cool on the highway….there was no traffic and no foreseeable litter that could disrupt my trip……as soon as I felt the traffic coming on, I braced myself……I always have a sense of fear when I am in traffic because you never know what’s going on in the mind of the other drivers……..I soon saw something in the road……I tried to maneuver myself so I wouldn’t hit it…..an 18 wheeler was in the lane next to me…..he did nothing wrong…he stayed in his lane and continued to drive…I tried hard to get the driver’s attention so I could avoid the possible damage….it was too late…..BOOM!!....next thing I know I am on the side of the road, feel hopeless…….

Now the bad part of the story was what happened after……people were driving by, but no one was of assistance….I had someone come but they didn’t have the tools needed to change my flat…….I went to tire shops and the workers didn’t speak English…..I was stuck……the more I looked for help, the more time went by and I started t think I wouldn’t get any help…did I call roadside assistance…sure did…but they told me I needed to have my own tools…….

The reason I bring up this story is because in life, we have a tendency to see things getting worse and we ignore them…..we think we have it under control….the fact is, something’s are not in our control…….and even when they are, we must take the necessary steps to have the tools we need just in case something happens……whether it’s a relationship, family, finances, or even a hobby……..we can set ourselves up for failure by not thinking things through and being proactive…..and then, we get caught in the conundrum……we try to find anyone we can to help us……the harsh reality?........we need to be able to help ourselves first…..there may be people in our lives that can get us out of sticky circumstances, but its not for them…..there is a difference between a blessing and a crutch……we all can be blessings to one another but not a crutch……because of our misjudgments, we cant expect people to do things on our time……even God doesn’t do that, so why expect man……we know what we are getting ourselves into…..but our reluctance to understand consequences makes life harder than it should be….if you see tread on your tire, go change it……you can do more harm letting it go than good……..

Well, the Lakers play again tonight……dude at work just bet me $20 that the Celtics are going to win this series…..easiest money I have ever made in my life……lol……..but for all those that are still doubting, its cool…..go change your tire!!!..........

Also…..I want to say this not because I am hurt or scorned….its an observation and I know there are a lot of entrepreneurs on this list……DON’T LET ANYONE DOUBT YOUR DREAM!!.....some people can’t be your friend if they don’t support you……its life…we have to get over it!!.......as a good Christian man, I try my best to stay in the loop with people, even though I know they wish my downfall…and some just have heavy doubt…..its okay if you don’t associate with them!!.......they are not helping your progress anyway!!!....sure we will all have people that try to squeeze the joy out of us….as my granny used to say, “feed em with a long handle spoon”…….its amazing how some people don’t have anything to say to me until something bad happens or they are trying to get info on some drama……don’t address it…love those that love you back…and are not stalkers!!!!!!..............

Well I think I am done for the evening….I am going to try to work for the remaining time I am here…..please check out the music……..hit me up on facebook, twitter, anything you want…..once again, you have been warned……..

Shout outs to my girl Koi….she has an important job interview tomorrow and when two or more are in agreement, God hears our prayers…say a prayer for her tonight that she will get the blessing she rightfully deserves……and fathers…..don’t wait until next week to see your kids…that was just on my heart!!.........

Love yall!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment