Wednesday, June 9, 2010

IT'S BETTER OUT THAN IN!!

Hmmmmm…feels like I haven’t written you guys in years!!!.....how are you all doing?.......im good….just figured out if today is Wednesday or Thursday……my days are getting quite blurry……just got out of a training course and my word!!...it’s amazing the things women say when they are not paying attention!!......it was a learning experience that I truly needed….got a few things to talk about……so let’s get to them shall we?........

So today I got stuck in some conversations about the controversial words Slim Thug had to say about black women and relationships…..now I don’t want to provoke any additional comments with my thoughts…..but its amazing how you can speak for ages and a woman will pick one thing and try to dissect that diluting the whole point of your message……if you missed it, he was discussing dating black women as opposed to other races and why that is…..now, I don’t agree with his points….I simply feel a larger issue was missed that should be addressed….instead of ridiculing and talking down on folks, why are we not into the building each other up?....why must we lose contentment for instance material success?........is love really important nowadays and does it actually cover a multitude of things??......our community needs a reality check and I think this may be the start……….

Of course I was being looked at as if I agreed with him……I was leaving home today at lunch and thought to myself, “what if he doesn’t even believe what he was saying?”……what if it was all for attention?.......is Slim Thug, by the response of his comments, really that ignorant, or just that smart?.....knowing me, I would have asked that question knowing that it totally didn’t affect me……but its something that bubbles under the surface of relationships that is never addressed…….who knows!!......

Speaking of Slim Thug, I was watching the Hip Hop Honors on VH-1 the other night…..noticed something odd….there was no artist from Dallas representing the South…..don’t even think there was one in the audience……and I wonder why?......not going to bash anyone, but its apparent, there is a lack of hip hop going on here…..and its frustrating….even if its not Spaceship Ohayses, I see too much talent on a day to day basis for it not to be on a national spectrum…….who do we give credit too for this handicap?......do we blame the artist for not pushing themselves out there enough…..do we blame the DJs for playing music that puts money in their pockets as opposed to new hot music that could create a legacy?.......do we blame the fans for not supporting local music?....and with Dallas being such a melting pot, what is local music anymore?.....is it that imperative to get someone from Oak Cliff on?........are local music heads that concerned that someone not from Dallas, that lives in Dallas would get on first and they still wont have credit?......its a disturbing thought……of all the major cities in America, Dallas does not have one artist they can claim to be a superstar…..and please don’t give me Erycka Badu…..you know what I am talking about…….

TONIGHT IS ROLLS ROYCE!!.....IT’S THE OPEN MIC SHOWCASE..STILL GIVING AWAY $250……LOCATED AT 9220 SKILLMAN STREET IN NORTH DALLAS!!...DOORS OPEN AT 9……SHOW STARTS AT 10…….DJ BIG KATT ON THE ONES AND TWOS WITH SPACESHIP OHAYSES AS YOUR HOST AND MASTER OF CEREMONIES…….BEEN A MINUTE, BUT STILL BLAZING HEAT!!!........COME ON OUT AND WATCH THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!........

The best of the best…..sounds like the Los Angeles Lakers…….so many people here at work thought that when they lost game two, it was a wrap for them…there was no way they were going to win in Boston…..LMAO at the egg on your face…understand this…I am not just a Kobe fan…I am a laker fan…and they have the best team in the league…yeah, the Celtics have had a good run in the playoffs but they were and average team at best this season….age will get to you…….and after playing 20 extra games this postseason, eventually they will break down…..do I think the series is over?......no not yet…I see Lakers in 6…did I say that with my original pick?........not sure…..but that’s what I see now!!!......

Thinking about publishing my book….I know you guys received another chapter yesterday….I’ve been reading it more an more lately……and I think I want to go ahead and try to release it again…..I think it’s a pretty good read…..what do u guys think?.....I would love for it to be turned into a movie……probably starting in July, I will work on getting the book released…….and then finish up on the second part of it…..

So let me give you a quote…haven’t talked to Rika in a minute so I don’t have nay new quotes…..at least from her……but I do have one I would love to share with you all……

“Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come."

Shout outs to my girl Lauren……she is truly going through right now but God has his hands on her….tonight simply say a prayer…if you get this in the morning, again, say a prayer for her……she needs it al land I know miracles happen everyday……

Also, a shout out to the Cakelady, Chef Chaq…if anyone needs a cake done, I think you need to let me know…she is absolutely awesome at what she does and within reasonable prices…….don’t disappoint someone because its convenient for you…..if you want the best wedding, birthday, anniversary, or just because cake, Chef Chaq is what that is………

Any artist that would like to participate in the $500 Industry Idol Competition in Arlington should also get at me……last week, we had K104 in the building along with other celebs that may possibly make your career….its worth a try!!


Love yall!!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment