Friday, June 4, 2010

DIFFERENT BOOK, SAME STORY........

Whew!!......it’s Friday!!....and I am so ready to go……I hope you all are having a great day and are ready for the weekend……I know I am……even though I have to work…..ugh!!....but I need it…and no matter what, I have to sacrifice……at least I can rest through the evenings…for now that is……got the Essential Entertainment picnic tomorrow…nothing big....just going to get together with the camp, fellowship and plan out some things for the rest of the year…..

My big thing is giving myself…as well as the company enough time to implement ideas….when I get a thought, I usually try to make it happen instantly…but I am learning that that is not the way to maximize profit and productivity…..I cant wear people out by trying to rush my ideas…or press them to make things happen….by giving more time to get things done, I think we could make sure every avenue is hit properly to create better opportunities for Essential Entertainment………

Last night I went to Rack Daddy’s to host their Industry Idol…..to all artist that want to get heard by people in the industry, on the radio, and making decisions….THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!!!.......I realized something very important though……I need to make me a contract……the reason I say this is because I saw my craft not being taken seriously and it truly irked me……not by the promoters, but the DJ, his buddies and whoever else wanted the mic…..don’t want to toot my own horn, but as an MC, I need order…I don’t like a bunch of people on stage……a bunch of people trying to get on the microphone, and a bunch of people trying to give orders….it causes confusion…..with a contract, I can put my request on paper and if the promoter doesn’t want to adhere to the terms, I can walk away and not feel bad…and its not just for the Industry Idol…I have noticed this at a lot of my shows…..and I cant take it……so now I must continue to get my business game up…….

Heard my frat brother that got fired may not have gotten fired for what was originally thought to be the reason….rumor has it that it was sexual harassment……and so me being me……I asked the girl that people alleged said it…and when we talked, she had some valid points……if you listen closely around this building, probably 75-80% of the people here are guilty of sexual harassment…….now if we picking and choosing, I could see that…..but its really hard for me to believe that people are getting fired for that……this company should be empty if that was the case…hell I get harassed everyday ear hustling…these young ladies up here are worse than the guys…….but I guess we are still in a society where men cant be harassed by women…or at least taken seriously…….

Remember when you were young and they had these certain type of books?.......they were called “choose your own adventure?”…and depending on what page you turned, you had different scenarios and endings to the story…well I was talking to Mama C today and we discussed how we choose our own adventures in life…but with a twist……when things happen to us, sometimes, the story we tell ourselves dictate how we respond and how much added stress we add on……I will use myself as an example….over the past few months, I have had some financial strain….now I can say, “oh, just an unfortunate incident” or I can say, “this happened because of something I did in the past”…then I begin to feel bad about things I have done and unconsciously give my story a horrible ending….instead of lifting my head up and fighting out of the corner, I decided to take the punches simply believing they are justified…….no one is justified to struggle or go through pain or sorrow…….next time this happens to you, sit back and think wisely how you choose your own adventure…….

Trying to get out of here early…took a thirty minute lunch so I can go home and try to clean my house before I go out tonight…..got to re tape my audition for Oprah Winfrey…..she is holding a contest for someone to have a new show, so why not take the Wise Words of Spaceship to television??.....now once I do get this footage on the website, I am going to need each and everyone of you to vote…now is that hard for you to do?...some of you, yeah…because hating is in your blood…but I know some of you will support me and that’s all I can ask…….I so pray I win…who knows what God has in store for me……..

Well about to try to get out of here, so without further ado…….Rika’s Quote of the Day……….

“If you are stressed, you are probably making things more important than they really are.”

Hmmmmm.....dont know about that……I get stressed and the last time I checked, my stress comes from things that are important…but I guess I understand what she is saying……once we die, we will still have things in our inbox…another blog for another day…………

Shout out to my man TrulySpoken…..yesterday he not only celebrated his birthday, but also his one year anniversary……..so double congrats to you big homie…..love you and I pray God watches over you r family in all your endeavors……..

Speaking of June 3rd…….yesterday marked the 7 year anniversary of my first album, “Landed in the Hen House”……my how time flies………..

Love yall!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment