Monday, June 14, 2010

MENTALLY SEGREGATED THOUGHTS

I guess I need to get this thing started…how are you all doing today?.....I’m feeling pretty good….kinda weird….but not in a bad way……in a spiritually content way……not concerned with my circumstance right now……or at least I try not to be……how was you all weekend?......I pray I am still conversing with the same amount of people that I was on Friday…..and that your families were covered and protected as well…….my weekend was quite eventful…….when people here at work have asked me how it was, I truly don’t have an answer……….

Friday night, of course, I ended up at Crystal’s for the Laugh Out Loud Comedy Show…..you talk about funny!!!....it has been a long time since I laughed that much….and not at my own jokes…….you know laughter really is good for the soul…..you don’t think about anything bad or negative when you are too busy wiping snot from your eyes because you were laughing as you took a sip of your drink…..great job to all the comedians….if you want to come out for some grown and sexy fun, holla at me…I will have tickets and possibly, some VIP passes…….

Saturday I had to work…..and then afterwards, I went to the open casting call for Oprah’s new television show……now, to some, it may seem as though nothing came from it…..but the whole episode was truly amazing and a work of God……Saturday morning, I looked on the website to see if I needed any additional information going to the audition…found out I had to fill out an application……16 pages worth of questions…..I couldn’t fill them out at work because my computer froze trying to print and by the time I did get them, it was close to leaving time……at 12…mind you, sign up was from 7am-12pm, so I already knew if I decided to go, there was a possibility I may not even get seen…..I briefly glance at the address and go home so I can complete the app as fast as possible……I leave home around 12:50……..I remember the street the store was located at so I drive about 20-25 minutes to this street….come to find out…..(thanks Lisa)…….that the store I was looking at was back on my side of town…from my house, it probably would have been about 15 minutes…..now its been about 45 minutes……I get to the department store the casting calls are located at and I see the camera crew packing up and everyone anxious to go back to the hotel and relax……there was one last group auditioning…after some fast talking and maneuvering, I am allowed to join that group for my audition…..they are almost done so I walk right in and get to it…….I think I did pretty well, but what happened after is the best part…this lady walks up to me……..she hands me a business card and compliments me on my vision and idea for a television show……then she drops the bomb….SHE HELPS PEOPLE SELF-PUBLISH BOOKS!!!.......now for those that are in this loop called my blog, you know what that means…….no, I didn’t get a second call to come back an audition…..but I may have an opportunity to finally get my book to the masses….and just the other day, my brother Larry was telling me how I need to go ahead and put this book out…..uh……can you say confirmation???........

So Sunday…..boy Sunday……I went to my man’s Cecil church and I truly enjoyed myself….just a few things to note…….I have NEVER heard E-40 and Sam Cooke played in church……and don’t think it didn’t have a purpose……it went right along with the message and showed how hip hop can be incorporated into worship…..the church isn’t big…and I like that to a certain extent….so the pastor didn’t have to walk far to come grab me and get my attention……what did he want??....was he going to lay hands on me?.....did he feel a spirit pulling him to me?.......was he a prophet about to tell me how he knows my struggles?.....none of the above…he just wanted to ask me if I was going to rap at his youth program next week…..WT-???.......see, Cecil is his son…and Cecil is also the drummer in the band One Night Stand….which also happens to be the band that played with me for the Essential Victory Concert…….sooooo, in other words…..I am assuming he told his father I was good….now I have to create a gospel song for next week…because I will NOT be in church performing, “I’m A Freak”…….I’m not that bad………..

Got to work today and my boss instantly tried to make my day a bad one….and I could have easily fell for it….but I didn’t……and its unusual…….somebody told me it’s a sign of growth….I think it was almost a sign of resignation….I’m tired of being sad and angry and hurt…….it was like the devil knew I woke up in a good mood and wanted it to change instantly….the crazy thing is, although my actions may have been the appropriate actions, they were not my doing……I could have cared less about what he was saying…..but by me biting my tongue, I was able to not allow the negative thoughts become actions……..

Well, I think I am about to get out of here…wanted to talk about a little bit more…….but I know this blog would be way too long for that…….and to all my Laker fans…have no fear…please…have no fear………..

Shout outs to my man Cecil for inviting me to your church this past Sunday bro…I totally enjoyed it…if you all want to fellowship with us this Sunday, holla at me…I will definitely get you the address so you can worship with us……..

Love yall!!!!!!!


Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment