Friday, June 25, 2010

I BET THE NEIGHBORS FORGOT MY NAME!!

Not really in the mood to write today…..and its not because I am in a bad mood…just tired…and my thoughts are drained…..how are you all doing today?.....its Friday so I know a few of you are excited……some of us…me…have to work tomorrow….but then again….DONT I WORK EVERYDAY??!!.......seems like it don’t it……..and I’m cool with it…until that bear hits…I don’t know why I am so tired today…..I thought I got enough sleep…three and a half hours!!!..........

DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL CAR WASH TOMMOROW IN NORTH DALLAS…WE WILL BE ON THE CORNER OF PRESTON AND SPRING VALLEY FROM 11-6……..I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT…PROVIDING THAT THE FORECAST FOR TOMORROW IS INACCURATE……WE WILL BE SELLING BBQ AND BAKED GOODS AS WELL…..BRING THE FAMILY OUT AND SUPPORT ESSENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT………

Don’t think I am going anywhere tonight……got some work to do to get ready for everything we have upcoming….I am truly excited…I need to find me a happy medium though……I cant keep running myself crazy……hmmmmm……..

You know there are different types of track events…..100m, 200m, 400m, 1600m, hurdles, high jump, long jump, discus, and marathon among other things…….in each race, you typically see different individuals…..Usain Bolt, considered the fastest man on Earth, cant run the 1600m race……while he may be the fastest, his endurance may not be that strong…..why you may ask…..well, over the course of his training, he has been conditioned to run only so far for so long……not to say that he couldn’t if properly taught……and the same goes for the marathon runners…it takes them a minute to get into stride so running such a quick race would be no good for them as by the time their engine started getting in true gear, the race would be over…….

In life, we all have our own individual races to run….while some can move swiftly to get to their personal finish line, others…….like myself……have to pace ourselves for a marathon…..we may wish for our task to be done quickly, but we have only been trained for certain races…….think about those that have hurdles to jump…..they have to run fast as well as remember to jump over obstacles…in stride……I know how hard that is…one time in high school, I had to run the hurdles and I fell over the first three…..not only embarrassing but it left me far behind my goal…..

There are people that throw the shot put…..throwing a big weight off their shoulders to the ground as far away from them as possible…….the long jump…..running to jump and get as far and deep into dirt as possible……the pole vault….running and jumping over your obstacle, allowing yourself to fall flat on your back with exhaustion……each race, while specializing in different obstacles, is essential for a track meet……..when I used to run track….stop laughing…I wasn’t always this big…….I loved to listen to music before the race and pump myself up…..through the stretching and greeting of the competitors, I knew no one could defeat me…….I could close my eyes and count my steps that I had to run…it became commonplace……but to others, they would have lasted in my race……and vice versa…….

Sometimes we become in awe of other people’s accomplishments…..we try to compete with them and attempt to do the things they do better than them…just to prove a point…..for what I ask…..we don’t need to prove anything to anybody but ourselves and to God….then we wonder why we are losing our own race…because we are attempting to prepare for something we are not capable of doing….run your own race…work hard at making sure you are ready and focused on the task at hand FOR YOU……..if you lose, at least you will know you gave it your all…..if you win, you will feel more like you deserved it…..don’t prepare to run an 100m dash if your life is geared towards a marathon……which race are you in again??..........

Well I am done with the blog……I hope you enjoyed today’s reading…..shout out to my home girl Dana from the Jerz……this was my old producer/camera person from my television show in college…and my arch nemesis in bejeweled…its cool to know someone as cool as you....and thank you on the counter information…..hey!! Guess what!!...is till have that George foreman grill!!!!......shhhh!!!!!!!....I miss spring breaks!!!


Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment