Wednesday, June 16, 2010

RUN THE STREETS ALL DAY, I'M GOING TO SLEEP NOW!!

I’m here people…how are you all doing today…man, I have been so busy today…and the party doesn’t stop yet…its going down tonight….and for the first time in a long time, I am really excited about it…….hope everyone has had a good day and are doing all to get through this hump day…….

TONIGHT IT’S GOING DOWN AT ROLLS ROYCE!!....9220 SKILLMAN STREET…..ITS ROCK OUT WEDNESDAY!!!....OPEN MIC SHOWCASE HOSTED BY YOUR BOY SPACESHIP OHAYSES!!......DOORS OPEN AT 9…..SHOW STARTS AT 10…….PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT LOCAL HIP HOP……THE WINNER HAS AN ABUNDANCE OF PRIZES AWAITING THEM…….SO DONT MISS OUT ON THE NEXT HOTTEST ARTIST….

Wow…the Essential Entertainment family is becoming all that I wanted and more…God has really blessed me with a team that probably has more passion than myself….all day I have not stopped working…..no, it may not have been “job related” but it sure has been “career related”….there is an old adage about not opening a can of worms….and I know why now….the squirm everywhere!!......and once a great mind of worms is loose, watch out!!.......this has been one my greatest days of business, if for nothing else, but the interaction between us and having the opportunity to hear ideas from well rounded and intelligent folks….and yes that includes you Daider!!........

Don’t forget about the upcoming events this weekend…..if you don’t have anything planned, make sure you come check out what Essential Entertainment is all about….. I know I am going to be tired, but isn’t that what business is all about……and as long as we are pushing toward a higher goal, none of the work is in vain……

Today, I realized a valuable lesson…..the quickest way to something is a straight line…..but yet, why is it so hard for us to display this?.......I remember being younger, we used to play this game called telephone…you would start with one person and by the time the saying, word or phrase got to the end of the line, its totally different…….in life, we have a tendency to play telephone….most of it is our fault….and its not by accident…..why is this?...why do we choose to allow others to speak for us…..we swear to the good Lord above about our maturity, how independent we are, and how we want respect……the problem is, our actions don’t give off these characteristics……speaking to my team today, I learned their thoughts…I was able to understand their views on things as well as their ideas……it would be difficult to get Joyia’s opinion on something from Daider…..and vice versa…..we cant always go to a secondary source….nor is it needed…..

I think it has to do with fear…above all…..fear of rejection…fear of not being appreciated…fear of backlash….and most importantly, fear of consequences…….if we take the time to look around us, we are playing telephone constantly……a news article with an “unnamed source”?......telephone……having a meeting with Human Resources at your job?.......telephone…..rumors and things people supposedly said about us…yep, telephone…..now you may ask, “how can we stop this epidemic?”……lets be more up front with ourselves…I understand that the game of telephone will never end…but we must be accountable for ourselves first….don’t be accused of playing telephone…..I cant say that everyone will agree with your decisions, opinions, and lifestyle……but they do have to respect your honesty and willingness to be free……and that’s the key…..how many things can you truly do at once holding a phone?.....and I’m not talking about a Bluetooth……..not many……..relinquishing your telephone will allow you the ability to not have to endure unnecessary drama, backlash, or miscommunications…….the choice is yours……but in the meantime, your phone is ringing….go pick it up………

Well I am out of here…..took me a little longer than usual…..got to talking about the Lakers!!!!...yes, we are going to game 7…I know I said six games and that’s my fault…but a win is a win…..it kills me how many people don’t like the Lakers because their team is not in the playoffs anymore…(cough, cough: Mavs fans!!)……..no prediction…I already know who is going to win……..

I want to give a special shout to someone I work with that is truly a blessing to know….when we first met, the relationship was kind of rocky…….but I think she started to understand me and whenever I have a problem at work, I know I can call on her and she will give me some reasonable advice……she typically has a smile on her face and she carries herself professional at all times…..thank you Faith for being so cool to a brother like me……you are an awesome woman………

Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment