Thursday, June 17, 2010

FAT LADY DRINKING A CLEARLY CANADIAN RIGHT NOW!!

Game 7……Lakers versus Celtics……people, it doesn’t get any better and bigger than this….if you like basketball just a tiny bit, you should be anticipating the electricity that is about to take place……it still amazes me how many people think the Celtics have a chance…..but I guess everyone wants to have an opinion……..

How are you all doing today…I’m okay….ready to get off work…..ready to go relax…thought I was going to hit Rack Daddy’s tonight but upon further review, I have changed my mind…..money funny and I don’t feel like going down there and not make any money to compensate for what I would spend……had a lot of fun last night at Rolls Royce……our crowd is coming back together……and the acts, as always were outstanding……the winner though kinda ticked me off, thinking he won the $250 after one show……I had to curse dude out!!...not that I wanted to……but he would shut up!!......its crazy because I have been hosting open mics for over three years and somehow, I am the one giving out misinformation……but I have found the origin of my frustrations………

The open mic is not mine…….and for so long…even up until now, I am the one that takes the majority of the blame that goes along with it…..I am the one getting phone calls about cost, acts, performance times, prizes, and judges……and now, its getting frustrated……I love hosting…and I don’t mind dealing with the b.s…….if its my mess……when I do shows in Arlington, of Ft Worth, and Dallas, it seems like the promoters want to make me the scapegoat for all bad things….and I am close to my boiling point…..its one of the reason I also don’t want to go host tonight……I am learning that I need creative control when I am hosting to help alleviate a lot of potential distractions to our show………or……I could just start my own open mic…….

I’ve been wondering for a while how many relationships I have lost due to people placing blame for things on me……and for those that I have worked with, I wonder if they even care……..

So I was talking to my home girl today while she was on her way to school….she was real agitated because her speedometer stopped working in her car……she was used to speeding....and although she wasn’t in any danger of being late, she wasn’t sure how fast she was going……cars began to past her and no matter how much she wanted to inch up their speed, she reluctantly didn’t……..not know how fast she was going made her slow down and pace herself………..

Sometimes in life, we don’t know how fast we are moving…..we become so wrapped up in “getting there”, we don’t have a chance to look down and see how fast we moving……and so many things can happen by going our own speed…accidents, tickets, and even running out of gas before our destination can occur if you don’t pace yourself……sometimes, when I am driving, I like to look at the signs to see my mile mark…how far do I have until my next destination….when I am speeding, I sometimes missed the sign and don’t know how far I have to go……all because I was rushing…..

And knowing your speed also allows you to estimate how much time it SHOULD take you to reach your destination……if I am driving 350 miles at 70mph, I should make it there in about 5 hours…….but if I don’t have a clue how fast I am going, I can become restless, impatient, and in extreme cases, feel like I am lost and turn around…..now I am back to square one…..going too fast and missing your mark can cause you to have to stop…..anyway…and ask for directions……now you still didn’t make it when you wanted to because you lost time have to get help……and don’t get me wrong…assistance is sometimes needed…..but why should we be the cause for simply not taking my time…….

When you feel like is moving to fast for you, check your speedometer and slow down…my grandmother used to say, “It doesn’t matter when you get there, as long as you get there.”……..a truer statement never been told…..we must make an effort to protect ourselves....continue to push towards your destiny…….but watch your speedometer…you may be moving too fast……….

Well the game is one…..Lakers are down right now…..but it’s only the first quarter…..so I am going to let yall go for the evening………

Shout outs to my man Raymond…even though we have had our differences between Kobe and Jordan, I appreciate that you at least still stay in contact with me…….I may come holla at ya tonight fam!!!


Love yall!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment