Tuesday, June 22, 2010

IF YOU DON'T LEARN FROM HISTORY..........WHO SAYS??

I am honestly running off 3 hours of sleep last night….well 5 if you include the two hour power nap I had when I got off work yesterday…..how are all my comrades doing today? I hope that you all are well and you are enjoying your week so far….mine has been iffy…..a few up and downs…..a couple of miscommunications…….and a sprinkle of broken promises….in other words, its been business as usual………ready to get off work, I know that much…..may even get into the studio tonight….yes, my work is never done……..

You ever have one of those stretches that put you to sleep?....I just did and it felt soooooo good!!.......

So today….or this morning around 2 o’clock, I decided it is time…….one of my main objectives in life is to give back to the community….as some of you know….while others could have guessed, I was the supreme knucklehead growing up….not a care in the world and didn’t give a hoot who knew….I was one of those smart kids that did stupid things…..finishing my work in class, going to the bathroom and get caught shooting dice….I would fight for no reason…curse out teachers just because….and wouldn’t go to school because I was sleepy……if it wasn’t for special people in my life, I probably would not be here to give my testimony…….I made a vow never to forget where I came from…….

When I went to college, I knew I wanted to be an educator…….to me, they were the ultimate role models…..I had heard about Malcolm, Martin, and Jesse…..but they were not prevalent in my life…but teachers were….through all my mishaps, they continued to encourage me and push me to greatness……I finally graduated and when I moved to Dallas I fulfilled my dream and started teaching……it was everything I wanted….and more……and also a nightmare……..

I learned that there are some teachers that do not care about the future of the kids….teaching has its perks and watching over high schoolers with no direction in life is not part of them……the administrators even showed a lack of affection and that bothered me……after three years in the school system, I decided to walk away……I couldn’t handle it……but my dream was not yet done…….

I still want to help kids…I still want to have involvement in the community…..that is….essentially (pun intended)…….the foundation of Essential Entertainment……to give back and give the community something it needs……so I have finally decided to prepare myself to open my youth center……now I know this will be a huge challenge for me and I have no idea of the obstacles that will be in front of me…but I am ready……or for a lack of a better term, my hand has been forced…….I thank my God for my job, but I cant take it anymore…it is so not me!!.......I love the working with people part but my destiny is an educator…..my vision is bigger than where I am now…….my life revolves around being able to help people….without that in my life, I don’t feel like the same person…..

As I stated, I know it will not be easy…..I asked myself last night, am I making it time because of myself or is God truly giving me the green light?......I guess that answer will be coming up shortly….they say Faith without works is dead…..and if I believe this is my calling, I must put forth that appropriate effort to make my dreams a reality……the thought of my own youth center and the work I have been doing today has really pumped me up……..I think that adrenaline is the only thing keep me awake at this point of the day…….and I know my rough draft of my business plan will not be the final copy……and that’s exciting…so many things to think up…so many moves I will have to make…locations…cost…..the vision and mission……its all going to be up to me and the moves I make will dictate the success of this upcoming endeavor……

But I need you guys help…give me names……locations…buildings…and even ideas as to how to make this a success…I still don’t know the whole Dallas/DFW metroplex so there may be a place I need to be that I don’t see right now…..I do plan on focusing on my tutoring more…..to broaden that avenue and to continue to put the youth center into action……all I ask is that you pray for me and that this great idea not develop from my thoughts, but from God’s mighty plan……….

THIS WEEKEND, ESSENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT WILL BE ONCE AGAIN HOLDING A CAR WASH AT THE CORNER OF PRESTON AND SPRING VALLEY!!......WE ARE RAISING MONEY FOR OUR BACK TO SCHOOL RAFFLE AND A TRIP TO RENO NEVADA…….PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT!!...WE WILL HAVE FOOD, FUN, A RAFFLE, AND ENTERTAINMENT!!!......I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW THE EXACT TIME WE WILL BEGIN….I NEED EVERYONE’S SUPPORT!!.........

Well I am about to wrap this thing up……I want to give a blessed shout out to all those that helped spare my life back in Flint…Mr. Rhymes, Ms Crain, Ms Rumph, Elder Rosborough, and all the other figures that made sure that this child was not left behind…..I hope and pray that I can do 1/100th of the things you did for me…..thank you so much and I love you…….


Love yall!!!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment