Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DR KAVORKIAN AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME!!!

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman…I hope you all are doing well today……I do apologize for not writing you guys yesterday but I truly did not feel well……I feel a little bit better today but I am begging for a little more rest once I get off……of course that is probably not going to happen….but hey…a brother can dream cant he?.......I hope you all had a tremendous weekend; I know I did……it was such wonder to spend time with Jayla and have her not wanting to go home……I used to have to beg her to come spend a night….now she is asking every week….totally cool in my book……..
So we are still preparing for the Reno trip…this week, we are going to have a garage sale…..Lord knows I need to get some things out of my crib….remember when I was talking about vessels and God being able to give you new things?......well this weekend, I need to practice what I preach……hopefully, I will be able to get a few item out of my house that I know I never use…hell, I may not even know are still in there…..and even though we will be selling these items, it may be something somebody truly needs….and that’s a blessing for both…..
DON’T FORGET TOMORROW IS ROCK OUT WEDNESDAYS AT ROLLS ROYCE!!!......DOORS OPEN AT 9….$5 TO ENTER, $10 TO PERFORM………THE BEST OF THE BEST WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE….DJ BIGG KATT ONT THE 1’S AND 2’S AND OF COURSE, SPACESHIP OHAYSES THE INCREDIBLE WILL BE IN THE BUILDING….9220 SKILLMAN STREET IN NORTH DALLAS…..I WANT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!.........
Oh man!!....I recorded my first song with the band on Saturday……besides listening to my gospel Sunday, I have yet to take the music out my CD player……once you guys hear this, I promise you, the game will be changed forever……..
I remember when my grandmother was still present on this Earth, I would call her for cooking advice……how to make gravy, dressing, or a pie…what ingredients did she put in her specialty cakes……I asked her because I knew she had the recipe designed to make food enjoyable…….everyone loved my granny’s cooking and every holiday, our house was packed with visitors wanted something she cooked…..every time she gave me her recipe, she would close with a some advice: “now this is how I fix it. Don’t mean it’s gonna be right for you.”…….I never understood what that meant…exactly…..but I figured it out…..how she cooked and enjoyed her food was not going to be the way I prepared my dishes and enjoyed my food……
We often want our lives to emulate peoples around us…hopefully, those that are near and dear and not just an average Joe…..the thing is, our lives are all different and it takes different ingredients to make our recipe……when we look or even indulge into another’s life, we think that every thing is perfect……but preparing a dish takes timing, patience, creativity, love, and of course the ingredients…..you cant put an egg in everything you make….you cant add flour to all your dishes….and you cant fry everything…….even when we are on our spiritual “diets”, different people consume different things…there are even specialty diets for certain areas that you want to tone up……
We must realize what works for us…..and the first thing in knowing that is what doesn’t work for us……I don’t like mayonnaise, so why would I spend my time fixing a recipe that needs mayo?.......why would I spend my life doing something and engaging in something that I know I don’t like?........they say emulation is the best form of flattery, but often, it is the best way to get into something that you may not like…..you ever see someone order something in a restaurant and you decide to order it because it look good?.....and if you don’t like it, it messes up the whole mood……learn yourself and what it takes to fill your soul……learn what you like to digest to continue to manifest greatness……figure out the recipe of your life……CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE SHIP IS COOKING??!!........
I hope you all understood what I was trying to say…..its okay to be an individual…its okay to do things your way…..you don’t have to follow the typical protocol of life if you know deep down, that’s not going to help you succeed….I’m not saying go act a fool (no pun intended: song on iTunes, artist Spaceship Ohayses)…I’m saying learn yourself….be in tune with yourself……don’t make foolish mistakes trying to be like someone……
Well…..I have about 30 minutes to go and I promise it is not coming soon enough…..you know I have come to realize, I don’t like when people are mad at me……or better yet, disappointed in me……and every since my grandmother passed, I haven’t had that feeling…does that mean no one cares that much?......to disappoint someone is kinda saying that they care about your success, doesn’t it?......sorry guys, just thinking………
Shout outs to my girl Risa Boo….glad that you chose today for your bi-weekly check in…..it is always a pleasure to hear from you…..don’t be a stranger and next time I hear from you, you should have copped the album by then……..

Love yall!!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment