Friday, January 29, 2010

DONT STOP! GET IT! GET IT!

Oh my, I can’t believe its Friday already!!!........and waking up this early is giving me the business….but I expected that…..how are you all doing today?....I hope you all are in good spirits even through this rain…if you are in Dallas, make sure you button up….its getting rather chilly out there in these streets…….and be safe on the roads…..don’t rush to get somewhere for no reason……..

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT!!!.......THE DATE OF THE ESSENTILA BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM HAS BEEN CHANGED TO FEBUARY 27TH …………MORE DETAILS TO COME!!!...........

Yeah, they changed the date on us…..Joyia received a call out of the blue yesterday and was told that they already had an event scheduled for the 20th…….now that is some bull…..we have been in meetings with them and contact with them and not once did they establish something could possibly interfere…….I guess this is part of earning your stripes…its actually a blessing in disguise because I was too shallow to think my daughter’s birthday is February 22nd……..which means her party was/is more than likely going to be on the 20th…and that would have been a major conflict in interest……..God works in mysterious ways and sometimes, he even has to think for us…….

Well this is the last weekday of the month and I am still in the #1 position…..I am excited about it knowing that I truly worked hard and wanted to show my worth to my boss……now I will have to wait an additional 2 weeks to find out if that #1 spot holds…….they have “other figures” that have to work into the equation…we have never saw these numbers..…and probably never will……

Why did I drop my phone today??........in a puddle of water??......I am so bad with phones…I think when I get rich, I am going to have my cell sewn into my hand….that way, I will never lose my phone!!.....great idea huh!!.......

Getting a little frustrated with the black history program…….or more so with my artists and their roles…..I asked them to do something and it has yet to be completed……now tomorrow we have our first practice…I want to see how many are taking this seriously…….I must ask God to watch my temper tomorrow…..oh Lord….just found out we cant have the program on the 27th either….so we are thinking about the 28th……..what do you all think? Will you be able to make it out on a Sunday?......I think it’s possible…I know one thing, the devil is not going to stop this show!!!!.........

I feel like making new music….im in a zone right now…..I need to complete some songs that are my plate now though……..its hard not having transportation….I thought it would be cool because all I do is go to shows and to work….but now it seems like I am in demand…for songs, shows, appearances, and I need to get some wheels…….but I have been resting at home…just got to make sure I don’t get lazy or complacent……ima go home today and make sure I do a power move in some facet………

Why is it so hard to let go of someone you don’t want to be with??.......you know in your mind you say you are through but in your heart, we wish that person would just do right??........and it gets annoying because it seems like they don’t listen to you…they are too busy being defensive and battling what is essentially the truth……….

Do you know my mom hasn’t called me since she called about that money……I figured she wouldn’t and I guess I was right…..sucks too…because I am going to remember it the next time she calls……

Well I am about to go………since she was in such a good mood today. She sent me two quotes……so here they are…….Rika’s Quotes of the Day………………………

“I demolish my bridges behind me……then there is no choice but to move forward.”

“The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or try to recreate it.”

My grandmother probably wouldn’t like that first one…she told me to never burn a bridge that takes you safely across…….but I understand what is being said……..sometimes that bridge can be a crutch and instead of moving forward, we stay close to that bridge as a safety valve……….

The second quote…..how many of us go through this………if its meant to be, it will be….don’t hold on to something that is not for you……..we spend too much time as a people holding on to our past……I had a TV show in college…….its a good memory, but I have to continue to make new memories….I cant hold on to that accomplishment…….

Well I am gone…I may talk to you all tomorrow…I may not…jayla will be over to the house and she is such a handful……..

Shout outs to my girl Candice…how are you and Jalen?.......and Tamisa……I am so mad at you on the cool….don’t play with my emotions…

Love yall!!!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment