Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TEMPORARY FINALITY

Good afternoon to all my Incredibles out there!!!........I hope you all are having a great day!!......I know I am…..ready for tonight to get poppin…….ready for this work day to come to an end…….this getting up at 6 is killing me!!.......maybe I should go to sleep a little earlier……….nonetheless, I am doing it and giving my boss one less thing to worry about on his end……..and it makes me not as jumpy when he calls my phone…….so it’s a win win………

TONIGHT IT’S ROUND 5 OF DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE!!!....THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET IN THE RUNNING FOR $250……….IT GOES DOWN AT MURPHYS PLACE!!...DOORS OPEN AT 9…SIGN UP BEGINS AT 9……THE SHOW STARTS AT 10………GET THERE EARLY AND BRING EVERYBODY YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT YOU……..THIS IS NOT A GAME..THE HOTTEST INDEPENDENT ARTIST IN DALLAS COME THROUGH MURPHYS……….WILL YOU BE THERE??.........

Boy I swear!!.....haters are hilarious…..I was just talking to a young lady about her being on my modeling and promotion team…she was on board with the opportunity and looking forward to working with Essential Entertainment……but I just got an email saying her fiancĂ© doesn’t want her doing anything to interfere with her school….hmmmmmm……and that was after he found out who I was……competition is funny sometimes you know……..oh!!....and if you know someone that would like to be a part of my modeling and promotion team, get them in contact with me!!!...ASAP……..

I went to church Sunday……wait for it…..wait for it…..okay, now stop laughing!!.....I have been going to church lately…trying to get my life right…..but I was tricked…….I went to IBOC……and I am not a fan of big churches…….I like a more personal relationship with my pastor…..and I hold some resentment with Rickie Rush anyway……back in 2004 when I moved here, I went to IBOC with my ex wife…….I had dreadlocks at the time and I went to him about some potential openings in the school system…..Pastor Rush looked at me, told me to talk to him when I cut my hair, rolled his eyes and walked off……I was crushed…my pastor back home would have never treated anyone like that…so I never returned to his sanctuary……until Sunday…….and church was awesome!!.......until it came to his message…and what was it about you ask??......he talked about how we treat people that don’t look like “church folks”…….how we may push someone away from the church because we don’t take the time to love them or encourage them in the Word………how we stereotype people when we don’t know them……how ironic…..I had to leave……it was one of those moments where I wanted to scream hypocrisy, but I kept it to myself…wouldn’t matter much anyway……but it was just crazy how it coincided with my one meeting with him……..

How many of you all are converting over to BlogSpot??.......eventually, I think I am going to spot posting via email and just write my thoughts there…I need everybody to go and become a follower..... www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com …….its not that hard……..

I think women that wear open toe shoes when its cold should get a ticket……and if your feet aren’t done, you should get a ticket……right now, I have “If I Ruled The World” playing in my mind……..

so last night before wrestling came on, I watched the show intervention……now before I start talking about the show, why is that no one that gets an intervention knows what’s about to happen……at the beginning of each show it states that each person “thinks they are doing a show about addiction”…….if I get a call saying someone wants to do a show about addiction featuring me, I already know where its headed….and you cant trick me!!......

now last nights show was important to me……it had this guy named Robby on there…..he was addicted to alcohol…I mean drinking fifth after fifth, in front of his daughter, family, anyone…the sad part is, he used to be a big time celebrity while he was in the group City High….you know, with Claudette Ortiz and the guy from Sister Act….”joyful joyful lord, we adore thee!!”……….anyway….come to find out, he dated Claudette but during a tour of Europe, she broke up with him and started dating the other guy in the group….his drinking increased from social to heavy and regular drinking….he hit rock bottom…..moved back in with his parents and couldn’t take care of himself……it showed me how careful you have to be in this business…..their music was uplifting…..it was degrading or controversial……now, he has been sober since October, and thank God for that, but who would have thought that he would be someone that would get caught up with his personal demons all because he is famous…once again, no one is excused from trial and tribulations………

Okay, it’s almost time for me to go…..so now……Rika’s Quote of the Day……………

“Remember when you see a man at the top of the mountain, he didn’t fall there”

He got there due to hard work…he climbed up there…..unless he was sky diving…..and even then, he was taking a chance…….work hard and climb to the top of your mountain….anything worth having is worth working hard for…….

Well I am gone…shout outs to my girl Dana Dane…aka Dirty Jerz…one day I will teach you how to be a boss like me!!!.....

Love yall!!!

Church!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Spaceship! Wanted to comment on your comment about Rickie Rush and IBOC. I know exactly where you're coming from. Back in 2003, when my spiritual journey had just started. I had decided on a home church, yet visited other because I didn't really grow up in the church, even tho it was just right across the street from my childhood home. Due to a man, I'd once dated and my own curiosity, I visited IBOC--the 7:30am service at that. To cut to the chase, even tho the chum I'd come with, loved the sermon, I didn't. I was so disappointed by something said, I wrote Pastor Rush a hate e-mail once I got home. I never expected him to reply, and he didn't.

    So thru the years, I'd visit IBOC a couple times a year, even tho I was hesistant, for sure he'd say something like he did before-and just 'looking' for something I was. After 5 years at my original church home, I knew it was time to move on. I bounced around, from here t there, even took off a month to watch services online. Then I realized it was the fellowship I I also needed. Since about August 2009, I'd been in attendance at IBOC. Honestly, I didn't and still don't agree with everything Pastor Rush says-yet, I could start to tell a subtle difference, a change.

    As the church neared its move across the street, a change became more visible. Pastor Rush began to apologize if he'd wronged anybody-drove them away. I heard sincerity.

    In the first Sunday,at the new sanctuary, I saw more, sincerity, another apology-more than Tiger Woods could muster--and humbleness and tears-from him. I knew then Rickie Rush and I had both grown up. And I believe Rickie Rush even knows realizes that now.

    So what I'm getting to, in my long winded I really wish I had some Blue Bell Ice Cream right now, way is--Back in 2004, it could have been a test, granted maybe not such a good one, to see if you really wanted to be part of the school system? Betcha if you had a moment to speak with Pastor Rush about what occurred you those years ago and what happened a few weeks ago--his eyes may cloud. And you might see what I see. Maybe.

    Thanks for letting take up all your space! :)

    You're a good writer.

    Thomasina

    ReplyDelete