Friday, January 8, 2010

THE GHOST OF KEVIN MERRIWEATHER

Thank God It’s Friday!!!!!!...even though I have to go to work in the morning!!!!...how are you all doing today??.....I’m feeling good…sleepy…oh so sleepy…but that is part of the life……if you go out tonight, make sure you bundle up…it’s a little chilly in the DFW!!!......still not as cold as Michigan…but I am learning that cold is relative to where you live….Texans aren’t accustomed to this weather and you can tell……..and even though there is no snow on the ground, boots are in style!!.........I thought that’s what they were meant for…snow…unless of course you are rocking Tims………

And then I see this young lady leaving work today…complaining about how cold it is outside…but she got on open toe shoes….really?.......like you thought that was cute today…….well at least that was what I was thinking………..

Then another one of my co-workers came to me……..the downfalls of comedy…..and tells me Briana has another staff infection…on her face!!!......right now its speculation because she has her hair covering it……..but every time she swings it in the right direction, this bump pops out from nowhere….please pray for her………

Okay I forgot to tell yall…..I think….the other day I ordered pizza right…..FOR ME…..and anybody that asked for some……..I went to lunch but left my pizza….when I got back to my desk, I had a email from the person sitting next to me asking if I told the woman who sits behind me if she could have some of my pizza….apparently, she not only took some but was offering it to other people….I open up my pizza box and I only had two slices left…..what’s worst?.......she was already gone for the day by the time I came back……and she a “mature” woman and I don’t play the disrespect card…especially over pizza….but it did boil my blood…….

I went outside to smoke a cigarette and saw one of my co-workers that I don’t talk to anymore…..I don’t have beef but I must admit I have held a grudge……she was one of the people that said she would be at my album release party but did not show up…….I can say I wasn’t mad because I felt more disappointment than anything....well I had an epiphany today…….I saw her and spoke…why should I be mad?......its not my fault she knows the hottest entertainer in the game right now and refuses to acknowledge it…I bet a lot of people were doubted on their dream…bet their “friends” regret it now…LMAO!!......so I have to let bygones be bygones……like my grandma used to say, “charge it to my head and not to my heart”…whatever that means…its still charged to you!!.........

Congratulations to Mark Ingram and the Alabama Crimson Tide for winning the National Championship football game last night…like I stated yesterday, Mark is from my hometown and his father was a legend…..now his father is incarcerated and it’s a feel good story to see this young man persevere and continue his excellence…you never know what this man has going through his head not knowing if his father is watching one of his greatest accomplishments to date…remember, at the end of the day, we are all human…………..

Got a few things coming up that I want to give you all a heads up on……

THIS TUESDAY IS ROUND 4 OF DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE…….LAST TUESDAY WE HAD A BLAST AND YOU SHOULD BECOME A PART OF IT……..WE ARE HOLDING IT DOWN AT MURPHYS PLACE IN NORTH DALLAS…9410 WALNUT STREET ACROSS FROM RICHLAND COLLEGE…..DOORS OPEN AT 9…SHOW STARTS AT 10……THIS IS THE VERY BEST IN UNDERGROUND DALLAS MUSIC……BRING YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND ANYBODY ELSE THAT WANTS TO HEAR GREAT TALENT……RAPPERS, SINGERS, AND POETS AND ENCOURAGED TO COME AND NETWORK WITH US……….

JANUARY 16TH, SPACESHIP OHAYSES WILL BE HOSTINIG CELEBRITY HAIR STYLIST MICHELLE ONEIL’S 30TH BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF THE ULTRA LOUNGE CLUB 2026…….THIS WILL BE A GALA EVENT FOR THE GROWN AND SEXY…I DEFINITELY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE FROM THE 810 TO BRING THEIR BUTTS OUT AND CELEBRATE WITH ONE OF THEIR OWN!!!....MORE DETAILS IN THE FOLLOWING DAYS………

JANUARY 18TH, SPACESHIP OHAYSES WILL BE PERFORMING HIS RENDITION OF THE DR KING, “I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH” EXCLUSIVELY ON KEBN RADIO…….HOSTED BY KIA D, THE FEATURED TOPIC IS “BLACK MEN THAT STILL HAVE A DREAM”…I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY AND I ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO LISTEN OUT FOR THIS!!...........

So you know ya boy been tweeting this past week very hard…or at least trying to…and its paying dividends…….a few things I am learning as I dive deeper into the entertainment industry is the power of positive networking…its not always about who has a hot song…even though I have an album of hotness…….but building relationships…..earning your stripes….and taking time to know the people you choose to work with……or that wants to work with you……..you also have to be humble enough to listen…if I knew everything, wouldn’t I be famous right now??........also, you can’t stop your grind…. I could have easily said that Twitter wasn’t for me and moved around…..but I can’t….I have to keep my pedal to the metal and push….eventually, the person/people that God has designed for you to meet will come into fruition and the rest will be history……

As a matter of fact, what happened to hard work??..............I think that went out the window when payola got popular………

Dang I have been long winded today….and still don’t think I wrote about everything I wanted to talk about…..like the man that put his daughter in the dryer…….or the woman that chained her daughter to a bench as sat in her own excrements.…yeah….start reading humans!!..........

Well, I got two more quotes today…..this is so awesome….because when I get them, I read them, digest them, and allow them to become part of me……the first is once again from DJ BlazingHell……an awesome person and a bananas DJ…..do your research human….
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us”
Its all about you….you decide, create, and alter your destiny…….the past doesn’t matter…..the future isn’t here…today, you need to make the biggest impression on the most important person in your life…..you…….

And our main event…….Rika’s Quote of the Day…………………………….

“You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus”
You have to see the reward before you get it…you have to have thought about what you want to…remember the old saying, “watch your thoughts, they become your actions”……if you can think it, you cant see it, and you cant act on it……please believe that……
Well I am about to get on with the get on….got a major busy weekend…hope to hear from you….hope to be able to sit down and write you…if not, I will see you all on Monday….shout outs to my girl Necole……the definition of a friend……some people should take classes from her……and Desiree……you sure did put me in check today…and I love you for it!!!........
Love yall!!!
Church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment