Friday, January 22, 2010

POUR OUT A LITTLE LIQUOR!!

One of the hardest parts of writing everyday is doing it when I am not in great spirits…….one of my focuses of writing a blog is to highlight the positives….to keep people abreast of my successes and upcoming events…….not to vent about everything that goes wrong in my life….or things I am frustrated about….hell, we all have issues…..so why would you want to read about somebody else’s problems when you have your own to worry about……so I will try…and I do mean try to keep this blog as positive as possible…….

So how are you all doing today?.......I hope you all are off work relaxing on this beautiful day, ready to go out and party like a rockstar……you know its amazing how quickly clubs shut down in Dallas…….last Friday I drove by Carson’s and I could have swore that it was closed…….wasn’t it just popping a few months ago…show you how much I go out…….now it was just parking lot……so what is the hot spot now?....I went to Skye Bar and it was banging…..but I thought I was in Little China……..

Last night I checked out Carpet Diem for my mans Derek Daider birthday party…..and boy did I have a blast…cant truly remember the last time I went to a club to have fun…..and even though I did some work….which I thoroughly enjoyed….and also feel like I have to in order to get my name out there……..but it was a cool spot…think I am going to be up there every Thursday, so if you are looking for something to do, come check us out…….if you want a grown and sexy environment with a great DJ and a relaxing time, I think this is the spot to be……in a few months, don’t say I didn’t warn you………..

As I travel this road to greatness……the journey gets harder as I grind…..and sometimes my vision and those that are around me may not be on the same page….sometimes I wonder if I am too hard on those that are helping me…….other times, I think they expect me to be too nice because of our relationships…….im starting to consider adding to my team, people that don’t know me…….that it is only business…….the growth that I expect is not matching reality right now and I know most of it is my fault…….the hardest part of establishing an enterprise is being a good model…….I know I have to keep working and keep grinding and hopefully everyone will follow suit…but what happens when they don’t?.......what do I do when emotions become part of the equation??.........im facing this dilemma as we speak……and its not a good feeling…..starting to feel like my support is based on something other than the vision……..its starting to make me question my choices……a good leader has to make good choices……..and has to have a team that has bought into that vision…….

One of my main complaints is the lack of paid shows…yeah I host and perform at shows where I do get paid…but not as much as I am worth….and if people feel like they can get me for cheap, than my worth to the public is not that much…….agree?.........I know I am one of the hottest entertainers in the world…….when I am on stage……when I am here….at THIS job…..or simply at home, I do feel normal…..I think this is part of the stress I have been feeling…..its easy for people to think because I am everywhere, that I may have a level of contentment…but I don’t…….I cant feel like I have made it when I am only moving from “a smaller ghetto to a larger one”……I want to be in the suburbs……I want to be in front of flashing lights…….I want to rock Madison Square…….not the Liquid Lounge forever…….

Should I also get over the fact that nothing is free…..I used to think it was only the DJs, the promoters, the radio personalities that wanted something in exchange for their time and talents…….now as I look around, it seems like its everybody……I know that statement in reality is not true, but I find myself having to ask more than I should…remind people when I feel its their responsibility…..and justify things that are obvious………and when it comes to “friendships”, business never comes before personal……even though that’s the way it should be……but we are human so we tend to keep our emotions balled up in our hand, tied to a string ready to throw out at any time….and get mad when someone doesn’t catch them……..and right now, with the focus I have, I just cant do that……I think for some, being a part of Essential Entertainment is great!!...an awesome experience and something to take for granted…for me, it’s my last shot…its all I have left in this world……if I fail at this, I feel I would have failed at my calling……..

Sorry if my venting have left you a little perturbed…had some things to get off my chest…..it gets hard sometimes folks……..and I know that my destiny is much greater than the visual before me right now………

Well, I think I am about to get out of here……don’t forget to become a follower on BlogSpot…….www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com………wont take you long to do it either…STOP BEING LAZY!!!.........

So before I go…..here is……Rika’s Quote of the Day………………………………….

“You can win more friends with your ears than with your mouth”

My grandfather always told me there is a reason why you have two ears and one mouth……do more listening than talking…..sometimes, people just need to be heard....its not always about trying to give advice or opinions…..we typically figure things out just by talking……..so listen once in a while and stop being so selfish with your time………

Shout outs to my girl Courtney for correcting me on my analysis……..I love it!!......happy birthday to my ace boom coon Shanti Wilson……..wow, I have known you for 12 years already!!...that’s crazy!!!!!!........

Love yall!!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment