Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I HAVE NO CLUE WHO IT IS!!!

Happy Wednesday people……how are you all doing today??...I am feeling so good right now…..its almost that time to go home and when I got to work, I found out I was in the #1 spot…no sabotaging…no criminal means…just hard work and harassing……feels good though….last month was rough and I am used to being at the top…….so this month, I had to work hard to show my boss my worth….and it is paying off…..

So last night we announced our final winner for the $250….congratulations to Derek Daider……and it was a weird night indeed…..had some expected visitors and the vibe changed instantly…but overall it was a great night……..I love when there is intensity in the crowd and on stage….when I see all the artist displaying their passion for their craft, it’s a feeling that cant be described…and one thing I saw that’s evident….ESSENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT IS TAKING OVER!!!...........

Why is it that when I wear shirt and ties to work all week, something is wrong….or I must have a job interview…..cant a brother step his game up once in awhile??.......or need to wash?......but I must admit I do look good and feel better when I am rocking the tie and slacks…….

Why do people always have to try to transfer blame……or wait until you are upset with them to give a reason for them to be upset with you…..those are the moments when the person initially upset gets madder…..”I’m mad at you”….”Well, I am upset with you too!”…….so why didn’t you say something first??......and they never will……….

Got some opportunities for All-Star weekend…..which I am excited about…..but I still would love more…and its frustrating…I know that what I do would crush any artist…..any host……and any show….but yet, I am still hoping to receive the chance to show how great God has made me…….I know if I stay prayed up, things can and will happen……..

So last night, I am getting my standard Tuesday nap before the open mic showcase……I get a phone call….its my mom….she initially called to congratulate me on my marriage….no I didn’t get married but I put that as my status on facebook……but then the conversation took the turn I had expected before I even answered…..she asked for money……$1500……..lmao!!........like I have it…in her head, I am this big music star….even though she doesn’t like rap music…….and I should have that much money to shell out…..she still don’t have a job……..still doesn’t have any income coming in….and still being supported by my little brother………and then she tries to give me the “suicidal guilt trip”……..I have that fear…that she might hurt herself…but as my grandmother used to tell me…”you cant squeeze blood from a turnip”…….and then when I tell her I don’t have any money to send her, she gets mad at me and accuses me of lying….and that hurts……..she doesn’t take the time to know my struggles……she says she is in the church, but I doubt if she believes God will take her out of her storm…….and I can pray for her and with her, but she has to believe……I think she wanted me to extend an invitation for her to come live with me……that will not happen anytime soon…….

On a good note, I talked to my little sister…..and she confirmed that her and my cousin are coming down for my birthday…..you all don’t know how excited I really am……none of my family has ever came to visit me since I left Michigan in 98……not in Mississippi…not here…..so for them to come check out what I do is real excited……I think ima take that Friday off work….so what I am -40 hours in my PTO……..I will have to work 10 hours a day that week…..I want them to have the best time ever……..I so cant wait………..

DON’T FORGET ABOPUT THE ESSENTIAL BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM….FEBUARY 20TH AT THE ARLINGTON PARK RECREATION CENTER……..IT’S FROM 3-5!!....FREE FOOD……A RAFFLE AND WE WILL BE GIVING AWAY SCHOOL SUPPLIES…..MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR WHOLE FAMILY OUT FOR THIS EVENT!!!.........

Well I am about to go……here it is people……….Rika’s Quote of the Day………………

“A weak man has doubts before a decision, a strong man has them after.”

Let your yes be your yes and your no be your no…….its not that hard….actually it is….but that’s part of life…..just stick to your guns and be strong in your convictions…….

Shout outs to my girl Alsace…..came through last night and rocked it!!!....I didn’t even see you come in…..

Love yall!!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment