Thursday, April 15, 2010

PUTTING WHIPPED CREAM ON A PILE OF TRASH

So I don’t know how to feel today……I don’t feel good….but I think that is the fault of my own……im in a good mood…but I just want sleep…how are you all doing today……its Thursday, so that means one more day until the weekend…….I have had a lot on my plate this week and I promise I am just waiting until its over……its okay though….all storms passed……..and soon, this one will as well………

Had a great night last night…..and for me, I think it is the source of why I feel like this……someone decided that last night was the night to repay me for my birthday…..he told me he was going to take care of me and the next thing I know, 5 shots of patron was in my system…..terrible right?.......yeah, I know……..but beggars cant be choosers…..that’s what granny used to say to me……and on top of that, the club did not have Heinekens!!!.......are you serious….very…and I was not happy about it to say the least…had to drink a Coors light……such a different flavor……but the acts were awesome…..the crowd came out and supported everyone….and all enjoyed themselves…except for one……..and the funny thing is, they were the ones that won……

Apparently, they thought they were going to win the $250 last night…..and of course, when someone thinks something, you can never be wrong…..and they were highly upset…….said they were going to put our open mic on blast for lying…..the thing is, they don’t want to come back and perform……..it was supposed to be a one night stand to make some quick cash…….yeah, the club was poppin but we have been doing this for three years and this is the first time somebody has mistaken how we award winners….will they com3e back for their feature?.....who knows……matter of factly…..who cares…their loss……..I knew something was up when they kept asking who was the judges…you don’t need to know…and no, im not one of them……….

The other day I was at Dave and Busters……there was this basketball team there and they were in the gift shop flying everywhere, looking at everything and deciding how they were going to spend their winnings…..the sales clerk told them that they didn’t have to use all their tickets if they didn’t want to…..they could save them for another day……I doubt that they heard her…they kept trying to find things that would enable them to leave their Dave and Buster’s card there…….then it hit me….these young men recognize that they may not come back to this place again….their happiness was refreshing because it was authentic…..they were at a place that most of them had probably never been…….doing something they probably would never do again…..or until they have their own finances to do it…….my spirit became overwhelmed because we rarely recognize things like that…….being able to go and come as we please, we don’t take the time to appreciate the little things….everyone does not have the same resources….we are all not from the same background……we must take into account other people’s story…..in the end, it’s what each and everyone of us great…………

I called my mom the other day….and we had an actual conversation…….it was crazy because when she asked how I was doing, I realized she didn’t even know I had been to jail….that’s how rarely we talk…….I started to think about the blogs she didn’t like…in particular, the book……she tells me she reads them, but I was wondering how often……its easy for someone to find out when there is something written about them…..when it doesn’t concern them, its easier to turn a blind eye…….we had a good conversation and I am praying God turn things around for her…..her faithfulness to him is going to get her across the bridge………this is a start…..and if I am the one that has to make the attempt……I will….I have too……..

I am so sleepy….and I have to go home and burn some CDs for one of my co workers so I probably will be up until 1 doing that………things we do for money…..remember, if you do need any music, make sure you get at me….I got any and everything you need……

This is not a shout out but I want you to pray for Stephanie’s grandmother…..she is going through some things and even though I know God’s will shall be done, prayer is always encouraged……when you pray tonight, say a little prayer for her…..that her predicament is temporary and no weapon formed will prosper………..

And before I get to Rika’s quote…I have another one for today that I truly liked…….

“You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.”

Everything that happens to people aren’t just for them…….sometimes we are made examples of so that it wont happen again……remember if you don’t learn from history, you are bound to repeat it………….

And now………Rika’s Quote of the Day………………………………………

“When the world says give up, HOPE says give it one more shot”

Before I get beat up…..shouts out to my babe Lena Faye……yesterday was her birthday and in my haste, I forgot to acknowledge it……this is one of the most important people in my life….I call her my conscience…….I can confide in her and she does the same to me….some people act like they know you and some people KNOW you KNOW you…….she KNOWS me….and for that, I cant hide who I am…..my feelings, my joys, my successes……..I thank you…I love you…and I cant wait until you come down here and kick it with me again…….HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment