Wednesday, April 21, 2010

LIVING ON A PRAYER, DYING FROM ASSUMPTIONS

Good afternoon ladies and gents……I hope I come before you in good spirits…..I am doing very well today…….Satan did his best to rattle my spirits…and for those that have never experienced it……..to change your way of thinking at the drop of a hat is hard to do……that’s why I am a work in progress……I am learning to refuse for anything to get to me……..and it is making my overall day a little better….I remember my grandfather telling me, “don’t sweat the small stuff, its all small stuff”……sometimes, I tend to forget those words…..but it is truly growing as part of my mantra…….

So yesterday, I get home and my internet is not working…….my modem blew out…..so I couldn’t do any work…..its amazing how when its time for your service to be cut off, they can do that so quickly……but when there is an issue on the other side…or even new installation, you have to make a date…….the Filipino guy tried to tell me when they are first available…I politely told him that I don’t need first available…I need now….of course at the time, I didn’t know that my modem was blown…I just thought there was a connection issue they needed to come fix……its done now……thank goodness but it wasn’t without struggle……..

Most of you know, I have to be to work at 9…..woke up this morning at 9:15…..why may you ask??......because the electric company turned my lights off…….no, I paid my bill………they cut off the wrong person’s light…..and once again, they tried to tell me they could come out tomorrow…so what am I supposed to do…...with my food…bathing in hot water……ironing….well I don’t iron good anyway……..finally got them to come back and cut me on….but it was three hours later…so I had to take a cold shower, come to work, and leave within two hours…..I didn’t have to leave, but I needed to make sure they would not forget….or cut the wrong lights on………and when I called, there is never an option for “mistake on your part that needs to be corrected immediately”…..the need to add that button……..

Went to Murphy’s last night for the T.A.M. six minute showcase……..what a joke…..seriously……the guy that was running it, really exposed himself as someone that does not care about the industry……now there is a thin line with taking shots…and whomever may be reading this and has an affiliation to him…….you can tell him what I am about to say….these aren’t shots…it’s the truth…….so he wanted me to bring my crowd to his open mic….yet, after last Tuesday, I never heard from him…..he had a representative call me on Monday to confirm I was coming…..I had no directions as to how his showcase was being ran……so why would I promote it to get a bunch of questions I cant answer……so I get there last night…..and he’s late…like 10:45pm late……but wants people to come back to the door so he can charge them….LMAO…….up until 11:20, I believe, we didn’t even speak……when we did, he only asked did I send out a text……mind you….(tangent moment)….I asked to be placed on the flyer…….nothing…so why should I promote his night again??.......(okay I’m back)……..by 11:50, we had one act there…mind you, I was not scheduled to perform…..the act that performed, was honestly one of the worst performances I have ever seen…..I don’t even know if his songs were good….he mumbled over three tracks…..he did not know his own words……so I decided, before the crowd leave, I should try to cheer them up…….so I performed…..got a standing ovation…(duh)…….and by that time two more acts came in…….now everyone in the club basically told me how outstanding my show was……AND I WAS SOBER!!!........except the guy that was holding the showcase……..the next two acts……..better than the first, but I still MC Hammered them…..(can’t touch this)………he showed me how unappreciative he was last night….so therefore, I wish him luck in all future endeavors…….I could have been sleep!!!.....or watching wrestling!!.....wasting my damn gas like that………

DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE IS TONIGHT!!!.......COME ON OUT TO ROLLS ROYCE OFF 635 AND SKILLMAN AND SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!.......WE ARE STILL GIVING AWAY $250…..AND NOW, WE ARE ALSO LETTING YOU HAVE YOUR OWN 15 MINUTES SHOWCASE SLOT…..FOR DETAILS, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE……DOORS OPEN AT 10!!............DONT BE LATE KNUCKLEHEADS!!!!!!..........ALSO IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 AND WANT TO PERFORM, YOU CAN!!!!.......ADMISSION FOR THE YOUNGINS IS $15…YOU WILL HAVE TO WEAR A BRACELET SO WE CAN DIFFERIENTIATE BETWEEN THE TWO…….

so I get to work today and there is a newspaper on my desk with an article circled…..one of my co-workers wanted me to read something…the heading read, “Fraternity Disbanded over Hazing”…….yep....my frat…..Phi Beta Sigma at Prairie View are responsible for killing a pledgee……..they worked him so much in physical activities without giving him water that he died from a rare medical syndrome that was triggered by strenuous exertion……..this is a sad day for me……I got hazed when I pledged…but I did not give them the power to disrespect my body….and because I am a member of said organization, it is a disturbing reality that hazing is still going on……the didn’t want anyone to cross paper…..let me let you all in on a lil secret…….I am 30 now….no one ask me if I got my butt whooped as evidence of my pledging experience……if someone wants to test my credentials, they ask me history……beating someone proves nothing but you are a coward……touch me….AND A FIGHT COMES WITH IT!!!..........

I was chilling last night before my show…celebrating the holiday yesterday…..and I saw the infomercial for Topsy Turvy Tomatoes……..you know they had a shortage in Florida a few weeks ago which caused fast food restaurants not to sell tomatoes…..so I see this commercial and I’m thinking….”why don’t I sell tomatoes? I could make a killing!!......like a door to door tomato salesman……..so I ordered four……you know this is the third time in two years they have had to stop selling tomatoes…….never again…..I got the hookup………..

Well I am about to leave in a minute…..so here we have it…..Rika’s Quote of the Day………

“If you think success and really believe it will happen, you will perform in a manner that leads to success.”

I love motivation…..I was told today that I walk different…I talk different…and I look different……just trying to get my CEO on ya dig!!!!............

I will see you all tomorrow…..shout outs to my home boy Quentin up in Flint…..he is getting married Saturday and even though I am going to miss it, I want to wish you and your wife to be many blessings…love you bro!!...........

Become a follower: www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com and www.reverbnation.com/spaceshipohayses


Love yall!!!!


Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment