Thursday, April 29, 2010

PREPARATIONS OF A PAPERBOY

Just went to check on the mavericks game…..Mavs 21, Spurs 42…..LMAO!!!....how are you all doing today?....I am having a good day today…….day got started weird…..as do most of my days……still at work……ugh!!.......ready to go and take a powernap before I have to come back…I hope you are all doing well……be safe if you starting your weekend off tonight………you lucky devils…….

So I had to go to court this morning…..downtown Dallas……now, I live about 35 minutes away…without traffic…today it seemed like it took an hour……then about 30 more minutes just to get searched……oh, I had to pay for parking as well…….had to find my courtroom…….but they didn’t have my name on the list to see the judge……..got down to this office where there is about 30 more people in line…and patiently wait my turn……get to the front of the line….give them my name and social….and they tell me my case hasn’t been filed yet…….they gave me a number and told me to call every two weeks…..now I am thinking to myself, “couldn’t they have just called me”……….now I have to drive all the way back home, and go to work…without getting anything accomplished…….

Communication…..H always tells me about being a better communicator……and I am trying to do just that….but how much do we lack communication just because we are fearful of what the other person will think?......a better question is….should we care what they think?.......there is a thin line between truth and tact………trust me, I know……but why should I be afraid of saying what I feel , especially when in my heart, I think this is a progression of a relationship……too many times, I have been an ear witness of someone saying, “why didn’t you just tell me?”……..that’s a good question……a lot of doors could open with communication as well…….the other day I wrote about 6 degrees of separation in relation to Ryan Howard…….if I never communicate that I would like to meet him, how would anyone know…and what’s the worse that can happen?........we spend a lot of time communicating thoughts that we know are negative…. “I bet my lights are off”….or “there bet not be any problems”………why cant we say something that can help further us in our lives…too many times, we stay in a certain state due to fear……lets build bonds by being real…….its not hurting anyone but ourselves in the end………….

So I went to the club last night…..it was supposed to be our open mic night but instead we allowed someone to have a birthday party……..I think people don’t really pay attention to how important promotion is of an event……its easy for someone to tell you they are going to show up……then the day of the event, everyone has an excuse why they didn’t show up……even myself, I was close to not going…….I fell asleep on my floor and was really happy about that…..didn’t want to move….my man Skyron called me and asked where my location was…after a brief talk, I decided to get up and show my face……..some days it hard…but being a host and an MC, I want support so I have to give support………no, I don’t make everyone’s event…but I honestly try……..now as far as the proceedings, I wasn’t hosting, so I wont comment…..poor baby……….

Looked at my check today…YEAH!!!.........my money will be gone with two bills….NOOOOO!!...and then I am back to square one…..almost got frustrated about it……but I have to be an example for the things I write……the pressure is really on me right now to make some things happen……I cant keep trying to stay afloat on the income I have right now…….I have a lot of prospects for shows…now its time to implement them…..think ima go on a fast this week…..no phone, no TV, no drama…..I’m just going to focus on getting events and opportunities for Essential Entertainment….I have some ideas….just need to bring them into fruition………

got some disturbing news on Tuesday….now, I have been ranked in the top two for the last 4 months…….I was ranked #2 on Monday….get to work on Tuesday and I am ranked 17th……huge bummer…that’s about a $600 difference in bonus money………and with it being the end of the month, its going to be hard trying to recoup…..the reason?.........don’t even let me get started…..people that work here now why…its something we cant control that they ask us to control…how do you do that?........when you figure out the answer, please let me know………

well, I think I am done for the day…almost didn’t blog today……but I just couldn’t have my fans missing me!!!...and now…..Rika’s Quote of the Day……….

***BEFORE I GO***** don’t you hate people that join in every conversation….they always know something about everything??.......ugh!!!!...........

“Do not let yourself be judged by others or ruled by approval or disapproval”

Whose opinion of you is more important……yours or theirs………

Shout outs to my secretary and little sis Neke…..she has a little toothache and we are praying that she has a speedy recovery……and to the first lady of Essential Entertainment, Wyze……DUN DUN DA DUN!!!!!!......God is about to bless you tremendously…….you are a very awesome woman…..stay on my butt……I need you……..

Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment