Thursday, April 22, 2010

AMERICAN GLADIATOR

Good evening lovely people…I hope you all are doing well on this Thursday….working sure makes the week go fast doesn’t it??......I am here now listening to this overpass of thunder waiting on the tsunami to occur…….I am having an iffy day today…..it has not been bad….just think the devil chose to have me with an attitude…so you all pray for me…..I’m fighting right now…….today’s blog is really big for me though…on March 26th, I celebrated my one year anniversary……throughout the past year, I haven’t written everyday…as with all of life, life changes things……I decided early on in my writings, not to write on the weekend…or rather, not be upset if I didn’t work on the weekend…….so today, I am celebrating my 300th blog……wow…….300 of these things……one day….maybe one weekend….im going to go back and read everything I have written…for you all to do it, some of them might not make sense…..but for me, I will know everything I am talking about….so it should be fun……….

Last night was an awesome night……now its funny what’s happening at Rolls Royce and our open mic……when we made the change, a lot of people complained…and I understood…..we were the first open mic on Tuesdays in Dallas…..and people were comfortable kicking it with us……now that we have not only moved locations, but days and times…..the regulars are not coming out in numbers like they used to…of course we had a few last night…and I will take that because the ones that come have outstanding music……..the point I am trying to make in this rant is that we are getting new acts….hot acts…and they are bringing their own crowd….now when our “regulars” come back to the fold, I wanna see what’s going to happen……..will they feel they still have their status??.......how will they receive this new act that is becoming the new face of the open mic…….will jealousy and envy play a part??.........hmmmmmm….

This weekend is really important to me……got a lot of things to do in the business of Essential Entertainment…….this next month is going to really see who is behind this movement and who isn’t…….I understand skepticism, especially when the dream isn’t yours…..the hard work without getting paid…….the sacrifices it takes to get from point A to point B……..and seeing that many of the relationships within Essential Entertainment are based solely on the last 4 years of my life……..but I know God has a destiny for me…and with that destiny, he will put the right people around me to grow into a successful business…….it may even be people that I don’t get along with…….but in regards to business, it will be people I need to get along with……

The text messages that I get………LMAO!!............

My boss is trying to really get under my skin……I know I have that itch that I am ready to do bigger and better things….but not until God is ready for me to do these things…..as smart as I work…I wont say I work hard…….as much as I am a top performer here…it feels as though its never enough…….sometimes it feels as though he is waiting on me to explode……the Ron Artest syndrome……people cant look past what he has done to see what he is doing…and if he does get into a situation, everyone is going to say, “ I knew it”……..your reputation proceeds you….and I am known for being eccentric….an individual……one that dances to the beat of his own drum…….its ironic….when I had my interview, I told them that I was not here to make friends…and they loved that statement….now, it seems that they want me to be involved and happy go lucky with “certain” people……but they don’t want you to be too socialable………its kinda like the bonus structure here…up and down……….the woman that sits in front of me…..with the eyebrows…has been calming me down today….thanks, God….I needed that………..

Well….I’m kinda out of words….it’s getting late….why I gotta be here……….

I do want you all to make sure you become a follower: www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com and www.reverbnation.com/spaceshipohayses

It means a lot to me when I go on either one of these sites and see followers….more followers than the day before…….it lets me know you all are paying attention……it lets me know that you all care…….and at the end of the day, you are the reason I do this…..

And before I close for the night……..Rika’s Quote of the Day…………….

“Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves”

I want to send a special thanks to all those that were on the first blog…….you guys are the foundation of this….don’t know if you even still read, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you…..thanks for putting up with me sending an email everyday venting and talking about some things you probably didn’t care about…….I love you all…….

Love yall!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment