Monday, April 5, 2010

IF LOVING ME IS WRONG, I DONT WANNA BE RIGHT!!

Wow!!...is it Monday already???.......how are you all doing?.......I know some of you may not have noticed…..but your boy been gone for a few days…….and as you read this morning….or today…..or you may not know……there was a reason behind it…..maybe even a bigger reason than even I can see right now……but it does get frustrating…..something in my life I am not doing right……and before I play the blame game towards anyone else, I have to look at that man in the mirror and see what I can do to be as incredible as I say I am……and I will…as a matter of fact…I am…..but I cant stop because the answers haven’t been revealed……I have to look deeper…….

Well today was the first day of my new schedule at work…..now I come in at 9……..its kind of cool because I can sleep in…but then when people leave at four, im jealous……I want to go home too…..guess its not my cake and I cant eat it right now……while I was away on “vacation”, they switched our accounts up…..I went from having the majority of my accounts in Georgia and Florida to now having the majority of my accounts in California…..and they are 3 hours behind us…no reason for me to come into work and be unproductive……….

This job is wearing me down though…..of course, its not hard…..my co-workers are pretty cool for the most part…….and I provide pretty good results…..but my drive is diminishing……..when I first started this job, I figured it was just that….a job……..I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Essential Entertainment would be off and running by now and I would have my own office where I could work when I wanted to and make my own schedule…..2 years later, that has not happened……..once again, I have to do some soul searching and realize it is something I have done that has caused my escalation to flatline……no, I am not out the game yet…but it’s close to the 4th quarter……..and I don’t want any buzzer beaters………I have realized that this next month of my life is very important…….its my make it or break it season………

I have got away from my morals and standards…..I have let too many people dictate my emotions…….maybe it was my fear of being “Countrytime” or “Hustle Man”…….those were two heartless characters in my past…….sometimes I think I hold a hint of fear in my heart…..am I ready for that next level?.........have I been allowing pleasure to come before business?........a lot of you know how hard I work…and at the same time, I find myself having to focus on things that don’t matter….and people that don’t matter as well….because if they were of any importance to me, they would understand that being 30 with a dream is a tough task……..my shelf life is dwindling……

Today, as I was leaving the bank, I decided to do something I didn’t think I would consider right now…..I went into a school and asked if they were hiring…….some of you may know, I used to teach high school English……I stopped teaching to pursue my music……I knew it would be hard…especially with taking a pay cut and all…….though I assumed that by the time I returned to the teaching realm, it would be under different circumstances…….so you may be asking why don’t I return…I have holidays and summers off………true, but when there is teaching to be done, I cant take a mental break…….the generation that is in these school systems need more than a paper pusher teaching them…..and yes I have a passion for it…….what happens when I am out too long performing….or when I am offered a show out of town in the middle of the work week?.........its a lot harder to take off time when you have so many dedicated to your cause……..and you don’t want a substitute to come in and destroy all you have worked for……..decision, decisions………

Oops!!....looks like somebody got a box today!!!......tsks, tsks…………….

Before I jump into my usual tangent, people…….DONT GET YOUR BUTT ARRESTED!!........its not fun…there is nothing enjoyable about the judicial system no matter how much we watch Tru TV, CSI, or any like show for that matter…….handle your business……and even after that, follow up…..my ignorance allowed for a situation not needed…….im truly disgusted with myself for even getting this deep in mud……..

But while I was there, I made some choices…….and you will soon see them…….and if you are not part of these choices, ask yourself: how much of my life did you really have a part of……some people are so unnecessary in our path towards greatness……..and yet, we allow them to hang around for fear of being lonely…..yes, it is true……..we hoard our emotions for human fear….God will never leave us nor forsake us and we must remember this even when it comes to personal relationships we have built………

Well I am about to work my last hour and then get the heck up out of here………

So without further ado……….Rika’s Quote of the Day………………………..

“Don’t judge people by their relatives”

Aint that the truth…..and don’t judge a man by his relationship with his momma…….that’s my personal quote…you get the picture………

How is this for irony though…..I went to jail on my mother’s birthday…….ROTFLMAO!!!!..........................

A special shout out goes to everyone that helped me get out my funky situation…….it was through your hard work and diligence that I was able to get out of those confines…….you didn’t have to……you could have worried more about yourself than me…..and those are the people I need to have around me……..the ones that I don’t have to question if they care……I will admit, I was scared……scared of losing my job, my house, my car, and a lot of my future…..you all, made sure that my sanity stayed in tact…nothing I can do can repay the care you had for me……thank you and God bless all of you…………

Love yall!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment