Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I CAN BE YOUR HERO BABY!!

Howdy folks…..another day, another dollar……only two more days until the weekend…and I cant wait…how are you all doing today……im good…..a little sleepy…but that’s normal on a Wednesday…especially when Murphy’s is jumpin……and last night was one of those nights!!!..........

You know its funny……some people equate a good night at the club by how many people are there……but if you have 1,000 people in a venue and all of the are solemn, what does that do……..if they are all wall hugging with attitudes on their faces, how crunk is that……for me, 100 people all enjoying themselves is alright in my book….when you see smiling face, people laughing, cheering, and so forth, it makes for an awesome evening…..my only concern is people leaving after they perform…..then they wonder why they never win…if you are not their, you are not eligible…its that’s simple!!!......for those that do stay until the end, thank you……it is appreciated more than you know….because honestly, I don’t like staying at clubs until the lights come on…especially when I know my alarm clock will be beating at about 5:45 in the morning……..but I do stick around…simply because you treat people like you wish to be treated…….

Just realized I may have some things cut off at home when I get off……thought I was going to have some money in the bank….guess not….this time though, I am trying not to be frustrated……I’m starting to see the sun shine and the warmth is healing my soul…….I called my Uncle Clarence today…he’s a bishop down in Georgia and my grandmothers oldest brother…….I love him because he talks to me but not in a condescending way…he is one of the few people I can talk to candidly and get straight answers…we didn’t talk long but the things he told me really hit home…..we must remember that everything that is in your life is not good for you……some things…or people are just for seasons……and we cant let them consume our thoughts, especially in a negative fashion…..so needless to say, he gave me some inspirational words and had me looking at things in a whole new light………

So today, it was made official….I ranked #1 in my department at work……feels real good too….just for the accolades…..for me, I love getting good reviews…I enjoy being in a positive spotlight…..and to be recognized by my boss and his boss is very cool……I know its better than being at the bottom, that’s for sure…….because getting fired is not a myth……ask…….

Don’t have a show tonight…..wow!!.....that’s sounds funny saying……been doing shows it seems since last week…..cant remember the last time I was home all night……oh yeah, when it was snowing…DUH!!!.........and that’s cool…ima try to soak in the tub and relax my mind and then clean up…..got some motivation at the house so that’s always a plus……..the problem is…..my house isn’t filthy…just junkie…..way too many clothes not to have a drawer…….I need to step my game up…….

Trying to find some venues for my birthday parties….yes I said parties…im trying to celebrate all weekend…….one spot that I wanted I am not sure if it will be possible…..apparently, I was burned due to the fact of helping someone else out….and they associated me with that person……you know that saying, “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know”……well, that phrase can mean in a good and bad way…..so now, I have to find a new location to have a party….I already have one…but I want to have at least three………

Im thinking after my birthday weekend, I may take a hiatus…..no blogs….no shows……no facebook…nothing….my homegirl Kia asked me yesterday was that too hard for me to do….I told her simply….”YEAH!”……..its hard for me to rest and cut off all contact with people but I think that’s what I need to do……I need to get my life straight you know…get things in order for the spring and summer…..speaking of spring….just confirmed a show April 9th at Grambling…..very excited about that…..Essential Entertainment will definitely be in the building!!!.........

Well I think I am about to go…..but first, here is…….Rika’s Quote of the Day………….

“I don’t see an American Dream…I see an American Nightmare.”

Words from the controversial Malcolm X………….

Well I am out of here….shout outs to my man LOC…..last night he won the 2nd round of the $250 showcase…….good performance and I hope you do well at the Finals…….

Love yall!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment