Friday, February 19, 2010

HATER BYPASS SURGERY

I am here…I am here!!!...where are you all at??......lol……how are you all doing today?....im actually feeling good…..of course, I am sleepy like typical me…….but work is almost over….by accident that is…..was supposed to come to work at 10….but I forgot…..wish I would have remembered……3 more hours of sleep would have been awesome…….but I didn’t and now I have to come in at 10 next week…….but I’m not trippin……

The VP walked up to my desk today and because I was a top performer last month, I have been invited to attend a luncheon at Macaroni Grill next Friday….from 11 to one……yes, a 2 hour lunch!!.....God is so good…..timing is everything…….some people are jealous…wondering why they weren’t given the same rewards as I……now I can’t answer that question but I sure am thankful for these things……free lunch on a Friday??...can’t beat it!!!......jeans for two weeks?....don’t have to play dress up……ahhh!!!...life is grand…….I wanted to get the parking spot…….until I remember I don’t have a car…….

2 more days until Jayla’s birthday party…..wow……I cant wait until its over…..I was talking to my aunt today and isn’t it funny how older people can never get kid’s names right……..”How’s jaylen?”…..or “how jaylo”…..WHO?.......my daughter is not Jennifer Lopez……but after awhile, I learn to just agree and let sleeping dogs lie……I know who she is talking about…even if she don’t…….

So I sent my boss a note, apologizing for coming in early…why? Work etiquette I suppose…..he sends me an email back asking if I went home and came back….WTF?...in whose car sir?......sometimes, people just don’t think….or care to think……

My homeboy at work made gumbo today…and Lord knows how long I have wanted some….so I bought 3 cups……..and it was pretty good…told him he needs to follow me to my spots and sell it out of his car……..he thought that was a good idea…I told him I know…….

So last night was quite interesting……sometimes, you talk to people or you meet people and things are not revealed for a long time….I have a homeboy that I have known since high school….we lived in different cities but our mutual interest was the Kudos…he was from a city close to mine called Saginaw…well he asked me to search some of his work…..he’s currently a spoken word artist…..well I searched his info on this site called ReVerb nation….and I had to ask myself….”why didn’t I know about this site??”……..its for independent artists like myself…..and you all if you are an artist……it allows you to promote yourself in every facet…..I didn’t get a chance to really dive into, but I guarantee you I will….for my Essential Entertainment family….I NEED PICS, BIOS, AND MUSIC!!!!!........I will be adding you all to artist under the Essential Entertainment name……we need to make sure we promote correctly and that all proper resources for promotions are used……..

Speaking of promotions, HT called me last night……..now this is a person, I love conversing with…..his energy and enthusiasm of his vision is so infectious…as I stated last night, we really hadn’t talked recently………we had a nice talk last night with the focus being the growth once you live as a CEO…….one of the most important things we discussed is the need to have like minded people around you……a lot of “friends” will tried to ride coattails…….but ask yourself…does Bill Gates have his friends and family on payroll??./……what about Magic Johnson…….I know there needs to be better order and focus within my company and I may have to make some fundamental changes to rank and order……I don’t want Essential Entertainment to go down with flames……you hear the old cliché……”its business; never personal”……..and that’s a creed I truly need to live by if I plan on becoming as successful as possible……

We even talked about throwing a concert at Joe Louis Arena….and Madison Square Garden!!!!...........more news coming up……..

I feel like I am missing something…….

OH YEAH…..FEBRUARY 28TH AT THE ARLINGTON PARK RECREATION CENTER, ESSENTIAL ENTERTAINMENT WILL BE HOSTING ITS FIRST ESSENTIAL BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM……THE PROGRAM IS FROM 3-5 AND IT IS KID FRIENDLY….DOOR PRICES ARE $5 FOR ADULTS…..$3 FOR KIDS AGES 3-15…UNDER THREE YOU ARE FREE…..THE ADDRESS IS 1505 RECORD CROSSING ROAD….DALLAS TX 75235….I WOULD LOVE TO SEE EVERYBODY THERE…….

AND FOR MY ARTIST….MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR BUTTS TO DEREK DAIDER PRESENTS……ITS AN OPEN MIC NIGHT THAT’S GIVING AWAY $100 EVERY MONDAY AT THE TAJ MAHAL CLUB…ADDRESS IS 701 ELM STREET IN DOWNTOWN DALLAS……DOORS OPEN AT 10……..

Well I guess I will go…no quote again today!!....what’s up with that!!....I don’t have a quote but I have some advice…..when someone is bothering you and attempting to steal your joy, don’t let them by communicating with them……its okay if you don’t speak with them for a few minutes, a couple hours, or some days…..its your life and you have to maintain your happiness…sometimes people will try to spread their negativity on you…..and we let them….STOP!!.............

Shout outs to my daughter…..Jayla Denise….daddy loves you baby…..you have grown so much and it is truly a blessing every time I hear you say, “I love you daddy!”

I’m gone for now…..talk to you on the flip……..

Love yall!!!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment