Thursday, March 11, 2010

THEY PUT EPSOM SALT ON MY FRENCH FRIES!!!

Did you miss me as much as I missed you?.......good afternoon to all……I hope I come before you in good spirits and I am not the only reason to smile today…….I am feeling fairly well…..actually got 5 hours of sleep last night……got to work on time…..and have been headache free all day…..even though I haven’t eaten in two days……technically……but I promise to cook something tonight….or at least get something to eat……how did you all like the blog yesterday??...a little different huh?.......just wanted to go outside my comfort zone and give you something new….to awaken your emotions……that was the point of the blogs in the first place……..

I don’t think I mentioned that I talked to my nephew on my birthday……it meant a lot because my sister and I have not talked since my grandmother’s funeral…..sometimes, she chooses to act like she’s my mother and I typically let her……on the occasion mentioned above though, I did not…and she didn’t take well to my objections….so she chooses not to contact me……well, her son does…..my brother and I are the only males prominent in his life so its important for me to attempt to keep contact…..well, he called again today…..told me him and his friend made up a rap song…..and you know what?...its kind of hot…may have to steal it.....the important thing was that he mentioned that his mom told him to call me about the song…..that’s a good feeling….even though her pride wont let her call, at least she keeps me acknowledged in his life….that’s my dude………

So the number one question yesterday was who was my letter directed to???...............

Been talking to Ms Kitty about moving open mic night to Wednesdays…..and changing locations…..its looking more and more likely but as well as know, change is hard……sometimes it is forced….while others times, it’s a necessity……….in this instance, I think it is both…we have been at Murphy’s for over a year and every once in a while, you have to reinvent yourself and make things exciting for your audience…..plus they have this cross eyed bouncer at Murphy’s that makes things unbearable when he is not in a good mood……he tries to take it out on people and one day…..ONE DAY…..someone is going to go apeshit on him and give that man a piece of something other than their mind……

HT even called me about the blog…..he told me with my writing, I have raised the bar on my blogs....I know that and it was my intentions……I think some people may not know or forget that I majored in English…I have written a book….and writing is my passion……I want you to think when you take time out of your busy day to read my thoughts……my blogs are not solely intended on being an advertising space…….its a place to vent…..a place to relieve stress……and so I say that to say this…prepare yourself for more blogs to feed your spirit……..as many responses as I got yesterday, I want more…….I got a chance to see who truly reads this……..

What are the characteristics of low self esteem?......and I am not being funny about this one…….I think we really don’t pay attention to people who display these qualifications……is it our fault though?...those that do think highly that we don’t acknowledge friends that display these qualities…..should we speak up or not worry about it……should we care?........its a tougher answer than you make think, especially when there is a vested interest in that person…….but as my granny would often say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink……you can show someone how much they mean but if don’t believe it, why keep worrying about it…….

MARCH MADNESS IS HERE!!!......im a basketball fan so for me, tournament time is one of the best times of the year…upsets, great games, games ALL DAY!!!...and I don’t have time off to watch the first day…..I always look to see how my alma mater is doing…Alcorn State University……but I don’t think they are going to make it this time…..anybody wanna put up on their brackets?...get at me……………………..

So, it looks like I will have Jayla most of the weekend…which I will be so excited about……the older she gets, the more time she wants to spend with me…….she doesn’t cry once her mom leaves her with me…no, I’m not a bad dad…..she just has more opportunities for destruction at her mom’s house…….I already destroy my house enough….still need to clean up from when the family was here…..doing a pretty good job at it……but not being home at night is a big reason why….when they were here, I was at home long enough to straighten…now its back to the come home, change clothes, respond to replies, get dress, prepare for the road, and leave……..I need to get a dresser ASAP…………

Do you know how close I was to not writing today?................

And no…..I was NOT talking about you yesterday…………

Well, I think it is time for my retirement today…….big show for Spaceship Ohayses March 27th at the Liquid Lounge…..doors open at 8pm…guaranteed to sell out…..holla at me for more details……..

I almost forgot…women…..those belts you wear…are not for everybody……or please get your size…..that does not make you look good…it makes you look like a clown…what belt you ask?....the one you wear just around your midsection……no loops….no holding your pants up…just a belt…….that’s like me wearing a tie on my leg……what’s the purpose right?..........

So before I forget……..Rika’s Quote of the Day…………………………….

“Triumph is often nearest when defeat seems inescapable.”

She sure knows how to press a brother’s buttons don’t she…….also, she has tickets to the fight this weekend….if you wanna go, get at me and we can get you some!!!!..........

Shout outs to everyone that responded…even if you did it because I was talking about you……..thanks for reading…….and stop tripping….but some of yall…….no words can describe how funny you acted……..but I love you still……….

Love Yall!!!!!!


Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment