Friday, March 12, 2010

CLOSED MOUTHS GET FED THROUGH IV'S

Ugh!!......I am so full right about now!!!........just got back from lunch and I am so ready to go to sleep…….like that is going to happen……..how are you all doing today?........I am feeling really swell…….got a lot of things I am working on……and a lot of doors are opening…..I’m learning that if you just open your mouth, you make some moves in your life…….so that’s what I have to do……continue to push myself and strive for excellence.....yeah, I get weary at times….but isn’t that one of the characteristics of hard work?........and I had a talk today with someone that really put me in my place…….

Sometimes, I get frustrated about not getting enough paid shows…….but talking to a DJ today, I realized it is kinda my fault…….getting paid shows to perform, he told me, is going to be hard until I build a big enough buzz in the streets…and yes, I know most of you may know me and my music……but that’s not enough……its about supply and demand…..and unfortunately, Spaceship Ohayses is not in demand right now……the thing I have to focus on is getting my music into the hands of the masses……into the right hands…….and I need to make my presence felt when I do reach out to them……..

But of course you know me, so I had to keep the conversation going…..”Well, what about me hosting?”…….there he said, I should be getting more opportunities…but I need more footage…much more footage….and I need someone dependable that is going to take this footage and edit it, and make sure it gets the proper exposure……that’s what I am lacking…consistency………and there is no reason why someone has not picked up on my footage of being incredible……I have infinite number of shows and opportunities to be on camera…yet, I struggle for footage…I wonder why that is………

So this morning me and my supervisor had a talk……then my big brother down here emailed me and we had a conversation…..the reason these two conversation intertwined is due to one word…..ACCOUNTABILITY………a strong word if I may say so….and something we all must look at and ask ourselves are we guilty of it……..the reason some people don’t get to the next level in their life is because they don’t hold themselves accountable for things that don’t go right…….if Murphy’s is packed and everyone is having fun, then so many people get credit…but what happens when the club is empty?......who is there to blame……what about relationships?......when things are going right, we never give the other party credit…..we may be happy with them…but we credit a healthy relationship to the connection…..where is that connection when things go awry……its always the other person’s fault……even at the job…….who gets fired and agrees with their supervisor or HR?......doesn’t happen often does it…….so I know I need to take accountability for everything I do…the good, the bad, and the ugly……

Twitter can give you nuggets if you are looking for them!!!........so today, I got online and hit up twitter…haven’t done it much lately…I can see im a spurt person…..maybe I would more if it was on my phone…..but anyhow……I see an opportunity to perform in Tyler for spring break……I talked to one of the promoters and she wants me to send her some information on myself….some music….pictures and anything else that will help show her what I have in store……I’m excited about this opportunity because I know she will like what I have to offer…she even asked for references……now what’s awesome about that you ask…..I hit up some people I consider references and they all agreed to vouch for my incredibleness…..once again, a great feeling……especially to know that even if I haven’t blown up yet, my peers respect my craft enough to tell someone else, I am worth putting on their line-up……….

I am learning that no one…..let me repeat that….NO ONE……..will work as hard for you as you will……don’t care how much love is involved…….how much money has been invested…at the end of the day, I have to make sure my legacy is getting to the right people…….talk to one of my administrative assistants today about making sure she stay on the grind…….and the thing I appreciate about her is, there is no back talk…..she understands the investments we have made and how close we are to success…..sometimes, we all need wake up calls…….its easier to give someone a wake up call when they are not intimately tied to you……because it can never be business when its personal……..do you think Bill Gates hired his family…no……and why not?......because they probably couldn’t take his criticism…….and it would strain their relationship……….agh!!! the price of fame………

Not going to do much this weekend….Jayla will be over pretty much all weekend….and I am quite excited…always fun to spend time with her…even more fun when I am able to rest before she comes…….I guess I must get ready to play animals…….

Well I am about to get off here….only took me 2 hours to write this today…….but before I go…….Rika’s Quote of the Day…………………………

“Many of life’s failures are men who didn’t realize how close to success they were before they gave up.”

Shout outs to my DJ…DJ Lady JA-Roq……..got a birthday card from her and she wanted me to let everyone know she is on her grind and is doing well…….I love you big sis…hurry up and get your butt home……

Love yall!!!!


Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment