Tuesday, March 23, 2010

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO

So we are back my people, we are back!!!.........how are you all doing this beautiful Tuesday…..so we go from sun, to rain, to snow, to cold, to sun again……..and that’s just from Saturday…….yeah, gotta love TX weather……wish I was queuing today….but I still have leftovers from Sunday so I will probably go get me some 99 cent chicken from Popeye’s and call it a meal……..I am actually doing well today……got up on time…….almost…..was able to shower and iron….yes I ironed…..and still got to work on time….almost……but at least I can get off between the 4 and 5 o’clock hour………

Okay before I start thinking I have a question…what’s up with women and pickles??........and when they eat it……..

Okay….next topic……

So my grandmother was the best cook I knew……I don’t like to talk about her in the past tense but I will today because I don’t have a lot of time for editing……on holidays, we knew where all the family would end up…at our house….there was one rule……no one was allowed in the kitchen……only if she offered you a mixing spoon or a fork full of something were you ever to get close to the kitchen…….and in all my years of eating my grandmother’s awesome meals. I never saw her measure anything…..she knows what it took to make food compelling and delicious………..

To this day, I try to cook like my granny…to no avail…..when I was in a tight spot cooking…like making gravy, I knew exactly who to call…..she probably wouldn’t give me her exact recipe…I knew that….but it was enough to get me by…and if I tried hard enough, with the simple basics she gave me, I would be able to create my own signature dish………..

When I thought about writing this, I thought about life……we all have our recipe for success….we tend to look at others and think that if they did a particular thing, we should be able to have the same amount of success with the same recipe…….life doesn’t work like that…….we may have the foundation of our existence down pat, but it is up to us…..depending on the amount of work and creativity we put into our lives to create our signature dish……..the things I see others doing to become great or successful may not necessarily be what I need to do in order to obtain greatness……..my mental and emotional pallet may not like heavy salt…….or too many seasonings….meaning, sometimes less can be more……..or maybe we are trying too hard to be like someone instead of making people want to crave us…….why do you think there are sop many fast food restaurants……they took a blueprint and created they own signature……..now we have options……..how great would life be with only McDonalds??..............

And at the time where we are concocting our recipe…..sometimes we don’t need a bunch of people in our kitchen……..yes, I know natural response for humans is to be admired and appreciated, but them same people can wait until the end product……..if you let everyone taste your product before it is done, they all will have opinions…now you have more people to please….more modifying to do, hoping that it will eventually please your audience……take time for yourself….figure our how much of yourself you should measure out at particular times………and you don’t have to share your recipe to anyone……give them the basics…and let them discover their own recipe………

I NEED EVERYONE’S ATTENTION!!!!!!.......DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE HAS MOVED TO WEDNESDAYS!!!.......COME ON OUT TO ROLLS ROYCE OFF 635 AND SKILLMAN AND SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!.......WE ARE STILL GIVING AWAY $250…..AND NOW, WE ARE ALSO LETTING YOU HAVE YOUR OWN 15 MINUTES SHOWCASE SLOT…..FOR DETAILS, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE……DOORS OPEN AT 10!!............DONT BE LATE KNUCKLEHEADS!!!!!!..........

AND THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 27TH, SPACESHIP OHAYSES WILL BE LIVE IN CONCERT…….SEASONED VETERANS SERIES AT THE LIQUID LOUNGE……DORRS OPEN AT 8………COME ON DOWN TO DEEP ELLUM…..IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SPACESHIP OHAYSES LIVE IN CONCERT, YOU ARE MISSING A TREAT!!!.........THE LIQUID LOUNGE IS LOCATED AT 2800 MAIN STREET ….DRINK SPECIALS ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!...........

Hopefully, you enjoyed this piece……I think Spaceship is getting into his preacher mode……I am looking to launch the weekend blogcast starting April 3rd……….I want to continue to have substance…..what do you all think about today’s topic….agree?........think I am way off base?....shoot me an email and let me know what you think………

And don’t forget to become a follower: www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com

And here it is people……..Rika’s Quote of the Day………………

“Success is the sum of many small efforts”

It doesn’t start as an avalanche………you have to build to it…………..

Well I am about to get out of here….shout outs to my girl DD….happy birthday to you babe!!!!..........also wanna give some love to dude KenF 5000…..appreciate you hitting me up this weekend bro…miss you and love you!!...............

Ahhhhhh……..almost time to go……………

Love yall!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment