Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FOR A MOMENT LIKE THIS...........

The first blog of thirty……..don’t really know how to feel…..maybe don’t know how I feel right now…..in one of those moods today……I think I know why…but I will get to that later…….how are you all doing today?..........how was your weekend?......hopefully, you all had at least 10% of the fun I had……I can say, this was probably the greatest birthday God has allowed me to have………it was without a doubt, a true indication of the greatness of those I associate myself with………

As you all know, some of my family came down for my birthday…….my younger sister, my cousin and their boyfriends……they got here Thursday and from the time they arrived to the time they left, I have never been more happy……and we kicked it!!!.....probably a little too hard…but hell….who is complaining??!!!!.......it was such a contrast for them coming from Flint and being in Dallas…..hopefully, I put a big enough bug in their ear to make them want to leave the crib…….more jobs, more opportunities, bright skies, and happy people……their faces were in awe of all the things they saw in Dallas…….and we didn’t even get to the South Side of the metroplex!!!............

Then on Monday, we decided to watch my grandmother’s funeral…..thought I could handle it……I could not handle it…….and being there with my family, it was really touching…….we tried to narrate some of our funniest moments of grandma but it didn’t take away the pain of missing her………I watched my grandfather’s funeral as well……they didn’t want to see that at first……..but it helped relive some memories to keep our focus on being great…………

Then they left…..and I haven’t been the same since….I miss them already and they haven’t even touched Flint yet…….it was weird for me to see my family everyday….mind you, I have been gone since 1998………they know me….they know when something is wrong….when I am frustrated…….when I am hurting, happy, sad, and excited…..I don’t have to tell them…….they don’t have to ask…..and the love they showed me was more than any present I could ask for………the only family I have in Dallas is my daughter so for me, it was a happy birthday………..

So I realized a pet peeve of mine……I cant stand people that 1) always jump in conversations and 2) talk to damn much……..I came to work today, already sad and these women I sit around now just wont shut up…what’s worse is they butt in conversations that don’t even pertain to them…….and for those who know me, I show my emotions on my face…..sometimes……..so I gave them this cold stare……and then when I don’t say anything, they ask what is wrong with me?........”YOU!! shit”…………..one woman asked why I wasn’t talking and I had to tell her the truth…….”because you won’t shut up”……..I was so irritable today…………

Well the black history program is done…my birthday fiesta has concluded…..time to work some more……and I promise one thing….H is not going to let me stand by idle….I love that guy!!!...I need that motivation……..what’s next you ask?.......I have no clue right now……..I am thinking about taking a lesser role in performing and hosting…especially if I am not getting paid for it……..the more time I am away from my house and computer, the less time I have to plan things of importance…….and I cant keep doing charity work…….its not beneficial to me……..got some good things on the blackboard right now……its time to implement a plan and make these things a reality………..

DON’T FORGET ABOUT TONIGHT!!!.....DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE IS TONIGHT!!!!!....WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND THE BEST ARTIST TO GIVE $250 TO…….ITS GOING DOWN AT MURPHYS PLACE….9410 WALNUT STREET IN NORTH DALLAS…..ACROSS FROM RICHLAND COLLEGE….DOORS OPEN AT NINE………..SHOW STARTS AT TEN……$3.50 WELLS ALL NIGHT LONG…..BRING YOU CAMP…..BRING YOUR FANS…BRING YOUR FRIENDS…………..

Need people with job opportunities to get at me……I have a few people that are looking for jobs and we could use the blessing of helping them find somewhere to work…..there is no need to be quiet about something you don’t need anyway……..

75 degrees outside and what do I see……wasps…….walked out my front door today at lunch and they were everywhere…..not a good feeling……I don’t do wasps…..I need to go to Sam’s Club and buy me a family pack of flying inspect spray…….don’t matter to me….I will spray febreeze, Lysol, totally awesome, starch, anything in a can if it will make them go away….I have a nest somewhere around my house…..just don’t know where………….

And now its time for……Rika’s Quote of the Day………………

“Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability”

You don’t get by off book sense alone……..

Well I am about to retire for the day…..make sure you become a follower……its easier on your computer or cell phone…….. www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com

I want to thank everyone that celebrated with me for my birthday…..my family is not the only reason it was special…..you never know who cares for you until moment like this…….I also want to thank those that either didn’t celebrate with me or texted me like they forgot my birthday was this weekend…….you have shown me that I really don’t matter and for that, PEACE!!!!..........I got home last night and had over 100 thank you messages on facebook…..it was overwhelming and a true blessing……….

Love yall!!!

Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment