Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TEXT MESSAGING FOR THE BLIND

So im back for another edition…..I hope you all are in good spirits today…….pray you all had a fantastic weekend as well…..whether was pretty good……..except for Friday…….but that was nothing……now its back to the grind of this week….for some of us…I know a few of you taking this week to give thanks…to having PTO………

So I went and saw Twilight Friday………and yes I did see the first one as well…….and it wasn’t as good as I thought it was going to be…..I didn’t know it was rated PG…as soon as it got to the “good” parts, it would go to another scene…..no gore……no long fighting….it felt like a Disney movie on Adult Swim….the plot?......so so at best……I understand how my counterpart attempted to explain that they were trying to give the back-story….but Kill Bill gave a back-story with a lot of action……and it was about vampires and wolves??!!....how can you not have gore??

So my grandmother is not doing well……my mother called and said that they had to care flight her to Ann Arbor…….the doctors don’t know what’s wrong…my older sister went home so that she could check on her and make sure everything is okay……I cant remember the last time in my life I have been this stressed out……..

And its affecting me as well……my psyche has changed…..im on edge more than usual…….I have been getting headaches and my body has been shutting down…….the doctor told me to rest…and I promise im trying…….I know I have to get over this hump……

I think as an entertainer, people forget the humanistic side of us…….I know its part of the work to be everywhere….to know everybody…..to perform when possible……..but when your mind and your body says no, why keep pushing??......for me it is a feeling of insecurity….not wanting to lose the momentum that I have accumulated…….you know, It has taken me three years to get the respect I have in Dallas and I know from being a host of open mics, that there is always someone trying to take your spot….friend or foe………..so for me, it the constant push to the finish line…….plus I don’t like to disappoint people……..

Speaking of open mics…….TUESDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN….ROUND 4……IT GOES DOWN PEOPLE!!!...DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE!!!!...WE ARE GIVING AWAY $250……DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES……..BE AT THE PLACE….MURPHY’S PLACE…..9410 WALNUT STREET…ACROSS FROM RICHLAND COLLEGE…..DOORS OPEN AT 9…SHOW STARTS AT 10…THE BEST OF THE BEST WILL BE AT MURPHYS…………..

I need all of you artist out there….we are continuing to build this thing and we cant do it without you…..I know some of you have priorities and engagements, but if you are trying to be heard….if you are trying to get your music broke by one of the greatest DJs in Dallas, then you need to be there…bright eyed and bushy tail…………

I cant be an advice column much longer……for people that know me, I have a lot of female friends……yeah when I was younger, I was thrown into the friend zone……ugly guys know what that is…when you are cool enough to call, but not sexy enough to be exclusive with…..well, that WAS me……..ima beast now…but anyway…….a lot of my female friends/associates call me to get advice about things in their life….well first I don’t like giving advice…I will give my opinion…but if I do, don’t refute everything I say!!!.....if you always have a reason against the truth, what are you telling me about it for……….if a woman puts a gun to her head saying that she cant live without me…….im stepping back so she wont get blood on my new shirt……no evidence on Shipper!!!!........make grown up decisions……that’s all!!!!..............

So before I go…….Rika’s Quote of the Day……………….

“Opportunities are disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.”

I cant stand the word lucky…….doesn’t that word look like it could be derived from Lucifer…I believe in blessing…but faith without works is dead…….you get nowhere on just a prayer…….you have to work for what you want and then see doors open…..and continue to work once you get through them……..you have to recognize the benefits of everything you put in…you have a Monday and Tuesday hustle, expect Monday and Tuesday results……………

Shouts out to the greatest project manager in the world…....Joyia…….its been a rough patch to say the least…and you are still grinding with me……I appreciate you wanting to take over the world with me…….you have been the rock on my see saw…..thank you……..

I love yall!!!!

Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment