Tuesday, November 24, 2009

IS THIS THE END? (based on a true story)

Welcome, welcome, welcome……I am back for another edition……I hope you all are feeling swell today…..im doing good…….kinda……been doing a lot of thinking lately and its about time for a change………got some days to think about it to……especially with Thanksgiving coming up…….thought I was going to cook…not so sure now………

Before I continue….don’t forget about tonight ladies and gentleman……..TUESDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN….ROUND 4……IT GOES DOWN PEOPLE!!!...DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE!!!!...WE ARE GIVING AWAY $250……DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES……..BE AT THE PLACE….MURPHY’S PLACE…..9410 WALNUT STREET…ACROSS FROM RICHLAND COLLEGE…..DOORS OPEN AT 9…SHOW STARTS AT 10…THE BEST OF THE BEST WILL BE AT MURPHYS…………..

I have a feeling tonight is going to be very electric……..you might not want to miss this one……..

Now, back to me…….as I was saying, even I know when changes have to made in my life……I need to take more time to focus on me and my career…..I am seeing myself getting so wrapped up in helping others, that I am ignoring the things I need to do to get where I want to be…….and I’m not necessarily talking about shows…..its starts from within…..getting proper rest…..eating right…..making sure I spend alone time…..now that’s going to be the hard part……some days, my phone doesn’t stop ringing….and I always answer…..I need to stop doing that……not trying to be rude but its hard to do other things when you always on the phone….like cleaning up…cooking….writing music…or spending time with my daughter……..I need to start exercising…my older sister asked if I did because of all the gawking I do about my cooking…….and anybody that has known me for an extended period of time knows how skinny I used to be…yeah ship was a boat once……..but I want to be healthy…..I need to be……I don’t want to be on stage at Madison Square Garden and pass out……imagine all those lights in my face!!..........

The harsh reality of it is knowing what to do……now it takes me to implement these things…….I haven’t been healthy for a minute……and I need to be…sometimes, I feel my body shutting down on me…..now this isn’t a sob story…..don’t want any sympathy……I just know that I have to continue to go to the next level…….most of us make those new year resolution things…..saying what we can change for the first few days of the year…until we forget about them…….I don’t want to do that…….but I also understand that the physical change will bring about a mental and spiritual change…the question is am I ready for that…….that’s one of the roadblocks we face with change…we only look at it in one facet……….anything that we try to eliminate or change in our lives, takes place on those three principals; not just one……..you cant leave your girl without mental, spiritual, and physical changes happening……a new job? Same thing……..a new car even?....yep!!........so I have to prepare my self for a great challenge……..

And that my friend is what I want to do with my life….continue to defy challenges……honestly, what’s our purpose if we don’t conquer anything??.....I know there are people out there that appreciates familiarity and complacency……some people like to have their life stagnant and normal……for me, it just doesn’t work well……..I wasn’t diagnosed with ADHD or ADD growing up but if I got bored, I moved to the next thing….or focused on something not as productive or positive….now, in order to continue to grow effectively, I need to overcome new challenges…whether its music, food…..because im really taking this cooking thing serious as well…….family, or………GASP!!...relationships……

(Its so funny how more people know about my personal relationships than I do…..folks still messy!!)

So now I get ready to go……..got a question for you though….what are you guys most thankful for??....let me know…its not going to be in a blog or anything…but sometimes, saying it really puts the importance of things into perspective…….we all look at the struggling times but rarely appreciate the minute things that makes life worth living……

And now……Rika’s Quote of the Day…………….

“You can’t help the poor if you are one of them”

Now when I got this quote, I had a blank look on my face……..but sometimes you have to think outside of the financial realm……..if you are poor in spirit, you cant help someone else in the same condition….that’s how a lot of problems occur……trying to get help from someone that doesn’t have it to give………and no its not sacrificing…its stupidity…………..

Make sure you getting people to read these….also, I need followers on blogspot…I know you guys are on here, but go to www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com and become a follower…..it makes me feel good………….

Shouts out to my best friend Tesah Michelle……how was your first two days at work??......I must call you…even after I said I am going to go on a phone diet…….congrats once again and I love you!!!...almost said my real name!! lol!!!...........

I love yall!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment