Thursday, May 20, 2010

SOMETIMES ITS NOT EVEN GRASS; MORE LIKE ARTIFICIAL TURF!!

Good evening beautiful people!!...I hope you are all doing good today…I am feeling grand…..still a little sore from yesterday, but I will be alright……I thought I was going to have to bash someone in this blog today….due to what I feel was a vey immature act….but knowing a little more about the situation, I will give my insight into the events that happened and hopefully, make since of this crazy world………

Now around 3 this afternoon, I notice one of my co-workers walking to the exit with three bags in her hand…..now I didn’t think anything of it…up here you can get Avon, Mary Kay, snacks for kids, or some people just realize they have too much stuff at their desk……I did sing “Bag Lady” in my head……but like I said, I didn’t think much in the way of drama……well nine minutes later, I received an email entitled, “FAREWELL”…….well, it was her resignation letter……and she sent it to the WHOLE COMPANY….Vice President included…….I couldn’t believe it….the hood in me has always heard about this happening and was cracking up on the inside thinking this woman had the gall to do such a stunt……at the bottom of the letter, she even had the audacity to put other places that were currently hiring……it was the talk of the building today…..I also found out that sent another email to her manager and other managers in her department detailing why she decided to make the choices she did…….to me, it was a big mistake……how dare she?....she must not be considering that if another job calls here for verification that they will tell what happened……

I also found out that what she was saying is true…and this is the problem with corporate America…..upper management never listened to her……other people on her team has quit for the same reasons as this young lady and nothing has been done to alleviate this cycle…..is it because they know how disposable we all truly are?.......does upper management really not care about its employees?.......its a very difficult thing to work for someone that will not listen to your problems……we all try to be content at our jobs……but reality is, if you are not the pimp, you are the hoe…….now, this young lady did not have the best “numbers” in the company, but a lot of people don’t have the best stats…….and there may be a reason why….one quote I have heard a lot lately is “where there is smoke, there is usually fire”………maybe her complaints are valid, and they pushed her over the brink……..in corporate world, we rarely have anyone truly to talk to about our issues…..yes, there is this thing called HR…..but seriously folks, whose side are they on?.........I know I have been to HR before and nothing was done…….and now, the fell off the cliff……..I hope she already has another start date somewhere else……..

SUNDAY, MAY 30TH, ESSENTIAL ENTERTAINEMTN WILL BE HAVING ITS FIRST “ESSENTIAL VICTORY CONCERT” AT ROLLS ROYCE…START TIME IS 3PM……YES 3 IN THE AFTERNOON….TICKETS ARE $10 IN ADVANCE AND $15 AT THE DOOR….PERFORMING LIVE WILL BE SPACESHIP OHAYSES, ALSACE, WYZE, DEREK DAIDER, MOMU ENT., CHAMP, MR PROBLEM, SKYRON, AND ONE NIGHT STAND…….PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO A LOCAL CHARITY…..I DO ASK THAT YOU ALL CONTRIBUTE AND COME OUT TO THIS EVENT…….

A lot of good things are happening for Essential Entertainment right now……next week is a full schedule of events for the team and I am really excited….I need to start stock piling sleep now….I actually went to bed right after the LAKERS won last night!!.......it felt weird but I had absolutely nothing to do……I did cook one of the best hamburgers of all time!!...two patties, grilled onions bacon, and A1 Sauce…yummy to my tummy!!...oh, my bad, tangent………next week, I need you all to com out and support…make sure you come out to the Mambo Café next Thursday as Spaceship Ohayses will be live in concert…also, the Essential Victory Concert will be held as stated above…….I am asking you guys to come check ya boy out!!...........

Had a talk with a good friend today….and we were discussing the difference between friends and those that say they are your friends…….and its big…….some people are there in your life masquerading as if they are there for you…….some people wish for your failure quicker than they wish for you to succeed…….I never want to be rude to people but its hard for me to detect at times….I am getting better at recognizing it……..and its allowing me to move past bs and focus more on what I need to accomplish as a CEO of a Fortune 500 company……..real friends support you…….clingers abandon you at the most opportune time for them…..life lessons………

Well its almost closing time here folks……I do want you to pray for my homegirl Destiny……she was in a car accident and I just ask that you give her strength during this time…btw, where the heck is Ms. Evans?????...I am so missing you??.......call me and let me know you are okay!!!...........

‘nother tangent…my bad…..here it is folks…….Rika’s Quote of the Day………..

“It’s very possible that our problems may not be as big as they seem and could sometimes actually be a blessing.”

That is very true….I am so learning that…………

Shout outs to my girl Ms. Williams……yes you……wow…I guess life does come full circle…….I appreciate you more than you may know…….you are pretty awesome!!...AND I KNEW YOU DIDN’T LIKE RED TOE NAIL POLISH!!!!!......


Love yall!!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment