Tuesday, May 25, 2010

THE MAN IN THE MIRROR WITH NO FACE

Wow!!.......it’s crazy how we can feel ourselves getting in a rut….and its easier to not realize when we are out of it…….its all a matter of perception…….how are you all doing this hot afternoon??......well its hot here in Dallas…the locals would call it “normal”……..I am feeling so good right now…..alot of beautiful things are happening in my life insofar as Essential Entertainment is concerned……the team is looking strong……everyone is getting on the same accord……and I am truly seeing the growth in each and everyone of us…..including myself……God has righted my disposition and shown me the errors of my ways……..now, I am prepared to take on the objectives he has set forth for me…not saying I wasn’t before……but I have had a work out……and I have been lifting mental weights…….

Can you say you don’t believe in something even if its contents have some truth??.......a few weeks ago I did one of those “what does your name say about you” quizzes on face book…….I cant remember everything it said about me, but there was two things that really struck a nerve…….it said that I am lazy……and it said that I like to avoid conflict……meaning if there is something I need to do, I will bypass it or ignore it instead of addressing it………and I agree…….I have found myself getting way too lazy……..my mental says the work isn’t hard…..whether it be cleaning my crib, cooking, handling EE business, or coming to work……but my body says rest, lay down and procrastinate…..find something else to occupy my time……..now when I get home, I try to force myself to handle business….instead of being on said face book or playing poker, I could be downloading pictures….adding to the websites…….networking with people……..its a bad habit that I have…always been used to working under pressure…..even in college, I didn’t write a report until the night before; two nights at the earliest……and it has made me complacent…..those words that I read forced me to create a wedge between what I read and what is the truth…..I don’t want to be known, even in my mind, as a man with great talents but a horrible work ethic………

And then the avoiding conflict statement…….very, very true……no matter how mean some people think I am….I don’t like to be a mean person…….sometimes it is hard for me to make tough decisions…….and I never want to burn a bridge…….I think I over think situations at times…….wondering how I will be perceived…..I remember even when I was married, I allowed my wife to leave….I knew our tenure was ending……I knew we didn’t have a relationship…instead of being vocal, I waited….and when she finally did leave, I was relieved………and I could say it wasn’t my fault……or I could say she was the one that left…..it was easier for me to point her as the cause of our divorce…….knowing that we both hurt our marriage, she was the one that left……..its my defense mechanism…….all my life, I have been used to people leaving me…being fed up with me not assimilating to their wants and needs….and when they get tired of it, they go……even associates….they would use me for what they could…..money, popularity, attention, a hang out spot, rides…….and when they didn’t need me anymore, they go…….so I have always figured, if I hang in there long enough, the next person will go…….now that I think about it, I do that a lot………smdh…….

FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL THE MOST EXPLOSIVE CONCERT OF THE YEAR!!!.....THE ESSENTIAL VICTORY TOUR HEADLINED BY SPACESHIP OHAYSES AND ONE NIGHT STAND…….ALSO PERFORMING WILL BE SKYRON, MR. PROBLEM, DEREK DAIDER, WYZE, ALSACE, MOMU ENT., AND CHAMP……WE WILL BE ROLLS ROYCE…9220 SKILLMAN STREET IN NORTH DALLAS…DOORS OPEN AT 3PM…….TICKETS ARE $10 IN ADVANCE AND $15 AT THE DOOR……..WE ARE RAISING MONEY FOR A LOCAL CHARITY!!!...DONT MISS OUT!!!!!........

Some of you may know, I am always concerned about the turn out of any function I have……I am a very competitive person….at my job, I figure most of the people up here don’t support me…..yeah, a lot of them say what they are going to do…..when it comes down to it, they typically have a reason why they didn’t show up…and truth is, it gets me down at times…..until now……LET GO AND LET GOD!!.......I am believing that if he wants this program to run as awesome as I believe it will, that is one less worry I have on my shoulders…..its still crazy to me how people doubt your dream……actually, its not…….and I will no longer have a pity party up here when I get asked how my functions went….Dallas is a huge city and I know that more than enough people will come out and support the show….and we can all be believers in unison once you see the concrete evidence of God’s greatness towards me!!...........

I’m about to leave but I have something very important to say to women…….ladies, if you are calling a guy…and he never has time for you until one day…..then you guys go on a date, “get together”, or even converse on the phone for a long time……don’t get mad when you don’t hear from him the next day…..he was busy before yall kicked it and I guarantee he is going to be busy after that kick it moment………its amazing how women think one day of pleasure is going to make a man sit down and spend his free time with you…..so please, don’t ask me why he hasn’t called you…….he’s probably doing what he is always doing!!..........

And now ladies and gentlemen………Rika’s Quote of the Day……………

“Instead of overreacting, try under reacting because this response shows wisdom, patience, and peace.”

Shout outs to my girl Donna…….I promise I will do better and stay in contact with you……..you are so awesome to always check up on me……I better see you this weekend!!!

Love yall!!!


Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment