Thursday, December 31, 2009

DO YOU REMEMBER THE TIME???

So i am here.....and i know its late......but do you know what that means??......my Internet is on!!!!!........happy new years eve everybody!!!!.......wow, 2009 is almost gone....and approaching is a new decade...new inventions,.......new scandals........new champions.........and new families.........some people say don't look back on 2009...but i want to......i feel if you don't know where you came from, you wont know where you are going........so i want to attempt to remember my life as it unfolded in 2009.....

january........january.....i think we were just starting at Murphy's............it was weird because I had worked with Ja-Roq and Kitty alone at our previous stops.....we had a fourth member...and boy they were a handful.........this was one of the few times I ever thought about leaving DJ-Lady Ja-Roq's Open Mic.........it was hard trying to work business with an emotional person.......we had alot of acts coming to Murphy's at this time.......most of them though, just weren't, in my eyes, compatible to what we had established over the last year........it wasn't a thought based on ego or prejudice.......it was that certain genres belong in certain places........and I pride myself on loving hip hop................

February.........don't remember much.....it was my daughter's birthday........i was working hard at my job........i think i was even still getting to work on time.........

march.......this was my birthday month.........lot of good things started or happened in march..........i was about to play softball with my job.....yeah i was ready to try to exercise!!!!!......my birthday party was held at Murphy's......ooh wee, i had so much fun.........I was so drunk......someone stole my Blackberry at my first softball game......March 26th, i started writing my blogs......and I joined PB Ent.............by April 1st, things were looking up.....i was back i the studio working on my No Preservatives album.........I completed "Act A Fool".......Spaceship Ohayses was blasting off......Ja-Roq and I even starting working at the Sterling Hotel......or was that in February???..........

April.........first thought is the Young Gem Video Release Party at the Lounge.....you can watch that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Q9NgJjUR8...........here........i started hosting Final Friday at the Liquid Lounge..........Fatz, I appreciate the opportunity!!...........people were getting in tune with Spaceship Ohayses..........Murphy's was picking back up after a little down month after the abrupt changes.......i met my project manager at Sterling....................

may..............started washing cars.....my project manager officially came on board...............the car washes were excellent and gave Essential Entertainment alot of exposure..........but it was hot!!...and i am a big boy......but no matter what, we always had somebody out there supporting us......thank you to Joyia, Rhonda, both Courtney's, JaVon, Drama, Killa Cev, Momma and Trice, and anybody else that came out there and supported me and washed a few cars..............

June..........or was this when i started washing cars??..........i don't know......but i started shooting more videos.....had a feature spot at Final Friday along with hosting it....i was on a high this past summer......people were jammin my music.........somebody even asked to buy the La-La song..........i was getting ready for my first big trip...........to Miami........and can i forget???.....Michael Jackson passed away this month.........

July..........went to the M.I.A- YO!!!!!!..........what an awesome time......it was truly a blessing to have the ability to go to a place like that and network......it was alot of hard work and now i was actually getting my music in the hands of people that could make a difference....met Compass Boy, one of the hottest artist coming out of the Bay Area.........

august...........started the Back 2 School giveaway.......we blessed alot of people during this event....learned alot about business though......gotta to make things affordable for all.........cant let profit dictate success....also worked with the Back Pack Foundation at the Absinthe Lounge......this was a month where i realized that Essential Entertainment will be a successful business.........

September......connected with, became a part of Frontline Entertainment........i can truly say, when you believe good things are going to happen, they begin to snowball.....HT has truly been an excellent mentor for me..........he increased my business knowledge and helped push me to get my album out........the ball got rolling for the album release party in October.......i entered the Lil Jon concert and made a hot song with my man Habit...........they took OT away at work so i had to work harder at my music...........

October......No Preservatives......need i say more??........this was a momentous month for me...and my God, it was a hair puller as well...........i dont like stress but when the pressure is on, i want to be the one to call on..........Joyia, Neke, Charita, Lisa, Ebony, TrulySpoken and everyone else that busted their butts with me to make this thing a success, I so love you all....Tommy at the M Street Bar, thanks for taking a flyer on me........this was also the month of the 2 year anniversary of my grandfather passing....he died October 22, 2007........my album release party was October 23rd......so was my grandmother's birthday...........and the day she had her heart attack..........

November...........i was sick this month......didn't do alot of shows......but we did celebrate our 2 year anniversary of DJ Lady Ja-Roq's Open Mic Showcase.....and it was also on a night of our $250 showcase...and Murphy's was wall to wall!!!...........this was a great feeling as it was the culmination of alot of hard work on the part of Ms Kitty, Ja-Roq and myself...............performed at the Skillman St Pub as well for Thanksgiving...........the week after I went home to see my grandmother.....

December............probably the hardest month of my life...my grandmother, Mary Louise Barker passed away on December 6th.............i took alot of time to myself with me being under the weather with bronchitis, and my grandmother passing........but as I have sad recently, Im not sad.......i just know that its time for me to step up......i did come back and perform at Alsace concert in Arlington..........

i have done alot.......alot i have forgotten......but i can say God has blessed me this year....I look forward to all he has in store for me next year.........wow, that was harder to do than i originally thought..........

now for my final 5 predictions for 2010..................

5. Oprah will direct a movie about her life and it will hold box office records, while Will Smith will not make a 4th of July movie..............

4. I will release another album by the Fall.....i will have a major distribution deal and will be flooding your TVs from June on...............

3. The war in Ira will finally end..............

2. The next type of flu will be Goat Flu............

1. All of you will be blessed in multiples as long as you don't get discouraged.....we all have stories, we all have tribulations..........remember, you cant see faith...........

well i am out of here....i love yall...Happy New Year!!!!........i cant tell you not to go party.......cant tell you not to drink........or drive drunk........but i do want you all to be safe........you have families that want to see you in the morning...no partying is worth agony.........i will talk to you all in 2010!!!!!!!

Love yall....................

Church!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment