Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DINE IN OR CARRY OUT???

It’s been a lil over 36 hours since I got the phone call……. And in about 24 more, I will be preparing to make my way to her homecoming celebration…….the more time gets closer, the more knots develop in my stomach…….still not sad…….but I have a feeling I will be…….how is everyone doing today??......im good under the circumstances……ready for tonight…..which has me uber excited by the way…..I have this feeling Murphy’s is truly going to be memorable……

First, I would like to say thank you……to everyone that has sent words of encouragement, offered help, or was there to listen to me…….times like this are humbling for me…..I try to build a wall and I don’t allow many through……a death…..no matter how tragic brings people together……..it exposes people as humans (at least me)………and it puts the trivial parts of life into perspective…….during this ordeal, you guys have made sure I knew I was loved and if I needed anything, to call on you……I cant tell you guys how much it means to me!!!........no I haven’t had that “breakdown” that most people have after a death…but it has got to me at times……I put her picture up as my desktop…..so I look at her all the time……I catch myself saying things she did…….today I was at Wal-Mart at lunch and all I saw was old people……peaceful people…….people of wisdom……so from me to you, thank you…..thank you for not allowing me to be somber…..thank you for keeping my spirit afloat……thank you for reminding me all the things she has done…….thank you for being my family……….

And I will be heading home tomorrow….for how long, I don’t know……..will I blog?.......im going to try…….it may not be as often as now, but I promise you, I will keep you posted and updated………

Don’t know if I should be happy that I am going to see all my family this weekend??.......the circumstances of our last two family gatherings have been my grandparent’s passing…….bittersweet to say the least……..
Now here’s a funny……Jayla and I put up a Christmas tree together at my house last night……now I was coerce into getting this tree, but for those that know me, this is a first!!!......not the most holiday spirited person in the world……I figure, grandma been dead less than a week and is always living vicariously through me……maybe she wished that I had better holidays….maybe she wants to make sure my daughter has better holidays…..but the point is, I actually celebrated Christmas in my house……tree, stockings, got a few gifts……ughh, my stomach is churning LOL!!.............

And if you don’t know……TONIGHT WE ARE CELEBRATING THE 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF DJ LADY JA-ROQ’S OPEN MIC SHOWCASE!!!....YEAH, I KNOW…..MOST OPEN MICS DON’T LAST THAT LONG!!!.......ITS GOING DOWN AT MURPHY’S PLACE….9410 WALNUT STREET IN NORTH DALLAS…….WE ALSO ARE HAVING THE FINALS OF OUR $250 SHOWCASE WITH SOME OF THE BEST ARTIST IN THE DFW!!!.......ALSACE, DOUBLE, HY STYLEZ, NUKE. THE HOOD, AND MR DALLAS TX WILL ALL BE VYING FOR THE MON-NAY!!!!.............AND THE BRAGGING RIGHTS OF BEING THE HOTTEST OF THE HOTT!!!!........DOORS OPEN AT 9…..SHOW STARTS AT TEN!!!!!.......

I just realized I haven’t packed yet………

Don’t forget to check out my music people……www.jango.com…….search for Spaceship Ohayses……..

So before I go, once again it is time for……Rika’s Quote of the Day………………..

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

Yall see how she do me!!..........this one is self-explanatory……..and yes, I will smile at the love my grandparents showed/taught me……..

Now I have another one…..one of the older couples at Wal-Mart gave me this one and I thought it was pretty good……….

“You may not always disagree, but never become disconnected.”

We were discussing marriages and longevity…..the husband says this is the key…..and in all relationships….friends….music…work…….whatever it may be…once you lose that connection, there is no power…………

Shout outs to everyone that comes tonight…..the rest of yall, I will see you on the flip!!.......

Love yall!!!!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment