Wednesday, December 23, 2009

EGGS AND FISH(TELL THE DJ)

Do me a favor……go sign in and become a follower at www.spaceshipohayses.blogspot.com ………….make sure you do that today…..how is everyone doing today??...myself, coming down with another cold……it’s my throat…gotta stop going outside after my shows sweaty…easier said then done though……only 2 more days until Christmas, can you believe it??.........is it me or does it truly not feel like a major holiday is approaching??.......more importantly, 2010 is about two weeks away as well……2010?!!!.........wow!!!

I don’t know about you but last night, I had an awesome time!!....the energy in there was lacking a little but eventually, it got picked up and we had some outstanding acts……the thing that keeps me going is the amount of new acts that come out……they don’t know what we have to offer at Murphy’s and don’t know what to expect…but they definitely bring their “A” game….and it makes our regulars step their game up…there is no complacency at Murphy’s and soon, everyone will know the truth about the hottest open mic in Dallas………

So as most of you know, due to this being written so late in the day, im still at work…….and one of my co-workers just asked to see the program from my grandmother’s funeral……..and hen she gave it back….IT HIT ME…….my grandmother is no longer here…..no tears yet, but my stomach hurts now…….and knowing that this woman that I looked at as invincible and immortal is now gone from this Earth absolutely sucks……and its going to be crazy not hearing from her on a holiday…….the same as it was not hearing my grandfather whistling after his passing……..

RED EYE DISTRICT PRESENTS PIMPEN’S BIRTHDAY BASY THIS SATURDAY AT THE GREEN ELEPHANT………GET AT ME FOR MORE DETAILS….HOSTED BY SPACESHIP OHAYSES!!!!....IT’S THE HOLIDAY; YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO!!!.........

You know I went to Marshall’s today on my lunch to buy Jayla a few more things for Christmas……now I’m not old but I’m not a teenager either……..it bothered me today how many “older” people were so rude….and not just to me……to anybody that was younger than them…….I saw them snatching items, cutting lines, stealing parking spaces…..it was very eye opening………and a very hard thing to swallow…….

So my boss tells me tomorrow I have my performance review…..the day before Christmas……I’m not nervous though…..I am actually proud of myself……been here for about 20 months as well as been pushing this music and neither one has been affected……that much….yeah I have had a few rough patches but for the most part I have able to maintain a high work ethic (for me) as well as continue to progress in my entertainment career……..

And why do we have to come to work tomorrow anyway??.......it’s Christmas Eve for Christ sake…get it? Christ?!...LMAO!!!.......no one is trying to pay a bill tomorrow…..people are doing their last minute shopping and if I was seeing a 1-800 number come across my cell phone, I know I would ignore it…….but we have to be here….and I have to work Saturday…..so you know how much excitement is on my face……

Well, I am about to go……im still attempting to work so it took a little longer to write this today…….

I have a question for you all since I don’t have a quote tonight…..

What’s worse: being loved by someone you don’t love or loving someone that doesn’t love you………

And I am talking to the people with a conscience on this one

Shouts out to my girl Skye…you may not know this but you have been my motivation at work lately…I appreciate your drive for greatness….its infectious……

Love yall!!!

Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment