Friday, July 9, 2010

SKYDIVING WITH CONCRETE KITES

Whew!!...thought I was going to have to work tonight…..and in actuality, I was scheduled to……but I talked to one of the supervisors and I get a free pass…..although, my boss isn’t here today, so I am not in the clear…..just pray for me…..how are you all doing today?.......I’m sleepy…hell, I guess I stay that way though….I hope you all have a great weekend…..and if you are looking for something to do, here it is……ALL NU GROOVE SESSION TOMORROW NIGHT @ MURPHYS PLACE.....GROWN AND SEXY AT ITS FINEST!!......EVERYBODY FREE BEFORE 10:38!!!.....DJ BLAST ON THE ONES AND TWOS!!!...9410 WALNUT STREET.....IF YOU COMING, BRING A FRIEND!!...........

Last week was cool……we had a nice crowd…I am definitely looking forward to even more people this weekend…..its kind of cool to go to a spot and not having to worry about how many people will be mad at you by the end of the night……..their only purpose now is to listen to some great music and to enjoy themselves……and that’s exactly what I will be doing as well…..sitting back and enjoying the evening with great company….YOU!!!...........

Don’t forget about the Essential Yard Sale also going on tomorrow……..it will be at the corner of Spring Valley and Preston…….and if you have anything you may want to donate, please let me know…we are always in need of more things to sale……my goal is to donate at least 50 book bags to local children who can’t afford their own….remember, EDUCATION IS THE PASSPORT TO THE FUTURE; FOR TOMORROW BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE WHO PREPARE FOR IT TODAY- EXCELEENCE WILL BE TOLERATED”…...you know what’s funny?.......they used to say that during our announcements when I was in high school…and to this day, I still remember it……and there are so many things I don’t remember…….the power of the brain…….

A little disappointed today…..I had a client call in that we have been chasing for a long time……I made contact and took care of the situation….but upon further investigation of my work, I saw that I made many minor errors……now the supervisor that caught these errors talked to me and told me not to be discouraged…..but I am…I pride myself on trying to do a job correctly…….I like to do this right…and when I don’t, I feel like a failure in some aspect…I know I wont lose my job over it……I even know it was a great learning opportunity……I guess I just need to get on the ball more…..

There was something he said that really stuck with me though…..and it ties into something my grandfather used to tell me….”don’t be a jack of all trades and a master of none”….that’s what gramps said….this boss told me not to do a lot of things at 10% and nothing at 100%...eventually someone is going to have to come behind and finish that 90%........and that’s not a good feeling……sometimes I think I do try to dabble in too much stuff and not become a master of what I am really good at…I remember in high school, I played basketball, football, baseball, ran track, wrestled, and chess……..good at all of them…but not great…..and here at work, I must make an effort to work diligently at one task before I get sidetracked with another job…….just food for thought…….

Driving home last night and I couldn’t decide what I wanted to eat…there was McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, Long John Silver’s, Raising Cane’s, and a host of other restaurants to choose from……I started thinking…….what if there was only one place to eat?......what if Burger King was the only option outside of cooking at home?.......what would their prices be?.....how about the taste of the food?.....the customer service?....how packed would it be?....and would they ever change their menu…….I realized, “Thank God for options!!!”……

In life, there is always competition….if there wasn’t how would complacency affect us…..we must always attempt to become better, because somewhere….someone is trying to take your spot…..even in this hip hop world I live in, I know one thing is a fact….there is somebody waiting on my to falter………I remember eating 300 big macs in a row…(not in a day, but every time I went there)…..it got boring…….it became commonplace…and eventually, I became disgusted with its taste……I used to not want to eat anywhere else but McDonald’s………options and competition create identity……

When we see something that is a threat to us, we have two options….we can either curl up in the corner and quit…or we can re-invent ourselves to become better than the obstacle ahead of us……what remains true is that the competition cares what you are doing, but doesn’t care if u succeed or not…….in fact, they are praying for your downfall…….if you look at life, everything is a battle…everything you long for, you have to compete for………while the winners and losers may be gray, the fact that they exist is black and white…….

I am a guy that pretty much likes things as is…I don’t really step out my boundaries on clothing, food, music, and point of views…….but I do love to hear and learn about other things……we cant become prejudice to thinking our way is the only that matters……we cant believe that because we eat over here, that this is all there is to eat in the world…we must understand that options are present and must respect them for what they are…….don’t get caught up thinking that no one is invincible and your preference is perfect……opinions are yours, but options are for everybody!!!!........

Well I am about to end this daily ritual…..shout outs to Rhonda….HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AS WELL LOVE……man a lot of my friends are having birthdays this week…..sucks that my funds aren’t where they need to be…….as I told you earlier, thank you for being in my life…thank you for being there for me….THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIENNNNNNDDDD!!!!.......I hope you have an awesome weekend and you and Tonya don’t party too much!!!........

See yall sometime tomorrow my fellow Martians!!!!

Love yall!!!!!!



Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment