Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DEATH AT A FUNERAL?.....HE STILL OWE ME MONEY!!!

Wow….it’s Wednesday already…how are you doing today folks?.....I am doing a lot better…went to sleep with a headache and woke up with the same darn headache……needless to say I got to work late….about an hour and a half late….but I did call in so I wouldn’t get reprimanded…..and the boss I called didn’t come in until 12…..smart ole me…….but they cant say I didn’t call at least……I guess I love these weeks where we don’t have to work on Monday’s due to the holiday……even though I did, its still making the week go by pretty fast………

THERE WILL BE NO ROLLS ROYCE TONIGHT!!!......I REPEAT, THERE WILL BE NO ROLLS ROYCE TONIGHT!!.........

Yeah I know….bummer…..but this is the life of entertainment…ups and downs…..growing pains…..do I know if I will be hosting another open mic in the future?......no……and in some regard, I am not that upset…….I think I needed to take a break…..it does give me an opportunity to look at the competition a little closer and not just hear say…….working consistently at one spot can sometimes place you in a bubble…you cant see what’s going on around you…..and if you don’t know what you are up against, you can lose sight of your goal…….so for me, I am going to prepare for this yard sale this weekend and the Groove Session Saturday night…I hope to see you all there!!.........

What is up with folks bringing their kids into the workplace?......not only is it dangerous but I also this its not necessary…..its crazy to me that people would want to parade their child around people here……letting folks touch and hold your kid….getting all up in their face and treating the child like a pit bull…….call me old fashion but I think its inappropriate….also, if I cant get in the building without a badge to work, why should they be allowed to come up here just to walk around and distract the work progress?.......

You know, throughout my day, I think of so many life lessons that I face…..I am usually so eager to write them all down but for some reason, I never do….its usually because I am actually in the act of doing something and I try to remember my topics….but I don’t…..until after I blog…….

But I was discussing something with my co-workers earlier that I do remember…..we were talking about losing and finding things……this morning when I called in, I expected to be at work no later than 9…..I figured I could wake up around 8:30, get dressed and get to work on time…needless to say that didn’t happen…..I woke up by 9, and hurried to get ready for work…….now, I’m dressed, badge on, and a bottle of water to drink on my way to work…….I walk outside my house, lock my door and go to my vehicle……I DON’T HAVE MY KEYS!!!.....no biggie, I go back in the house and look for them……..I couldn’t find them…now I had them not even 8 hours ago when I came home last night……they weren’t in my pockets….they were not on the table or my couch that I sit on……I scrambled trying to hurry so I wouldn’t be later than I was……then I got frustrated…..I stopped, looked around and bam!!.....there they were on the floor next to the door…….in all that haste, I didn’t think to look on the ground to see my keys…I picked them up and hurried off to work……….
How many times do we scramble find something when the answer is right there in front of us……we look in all the wrong places, thinking that “possibly”, it could be here……and we know better…I know times where I have misplaced my keys and I am looking in the bathroom for them…I know darn well its not there……..and we have a tendency to live like that…….we wonder why our destiny, ministry, job, or family, is not taking off like we think it should….where are you looking?..........why doesn’t she like me the way I like her…..where are you looking?........why my obligations are not being prioritized and carried out properly?.......where are you looking?.........if we want to find the key to get us from point A to B in our lives, we must look in the appropriate place…….

And another thing that happens…sometimes…….we even get distracted…we begin to look for one thing…find something else….and forget what we were looking for in the first place…..I was looking for my keys this morning and found my Best of Mr. Perfect DVD set….now if I didn’t have to go to work, I probably would have put it in and watched some of it…….luckily for me, I knew what was most important at the time……but how many times have I been guilty of letting distractions take me from my destiny…….excess detours will lead you to a longer journey….and in some cases, uncomfortable journeys…….even when I am driving down the street, I may turn into a restaurant instead of waiting at the light…now by the time, I get to the other side of the restaurant, the adjacent light turns green and I still have to wait…….ugh!!!!.........

Lets not be so impatient that we miss what is right in front of us……its our blessing and that’s why it is there……and then we get upset and frustrated because we cant find what we are looking for…….ask yourself…..where are you looking??.........

Well I am about to exit, stage left……I love yall…..I really do……it is so comforting the feedback I get from you all………some days, I really don’t want to write….I feel like I have nothing to converse about……but then I think that the reason I write is not because of me…..some of you are getting touched and I am learning a lot by putting my life under a microscope…no I wont always be right in my opinions……..I wont always be accepted for my comments….by now, I actually expect someone to write me and criticize something I write…oh well….that means it is having its purpose……..

Shout outs to my man Brian Mullins…..he hipped me onto a great networking opportunity on Monday and I just want him to know how much I appreciate it……you know, you don’t have to talk to someone everyday for you to be cordial….or helpful…….it is people like him that makes what I do worth it and I want to thank you so much fam……you are an angel on this Earth………

Love yall!!!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment