Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ITS NOT THAT HARD TO SAY GOODBYE......

Good evening great folks!!....back by popular demand, I am here, I am here….great day to be incredible if I may say so myself….well, I am still at work and as much as I am ready to leave, I am so glad I didn’t…..because if I would have, you guys would not be getting this blog…so much going on in the world of Spaceship Ohayses and I want to personally thank each and everyone of you that have supported the movement, loved me when I hated myself, and continue to define to define the true meaning of friendship for me…..if you don’t know, my birthday bash is next Saturday March 12th at the Prophet Bar in Deep Ellum….the address is 2548 ELM ST, DALLAS TX 75226…doors open at 9 and I p[ray everyone can make it out to this event!! I promise it is going to be a night few will ever forget!!......

Also, don’t forget to check out my girl Ms Nique Nique and myself on fish bowl radio in the grey bowl every Friday night from 9-11 cst…… www.fishbowlradio.com and myself on www.spindatmusic.com on the hip hop/r&b station every Sunday from 6-10 cst……God has been showing me so much favor it is ridiculous!!.....I hope that you all can become a part of out internet radio family…and if you know anything about me, you know I am always going to let loose with a mic in my hand…….

So, I went home to Michigan this past weekend…was able to spend some time with my loved ones, see some friends and just enjoy a good weekend of relaxation…..it was totally hard for me to drive past my grandmother house and see it vacant….this was the first time I ever went home and did not pull into 310 Harriet Street first….crazy feeling there I tell you…..I ended up going to my grandmother’s church on Sunday to see those that loved her as well as some family members that had not talked to me since her passing….as we walked in, it was realized that we were terribly late…..the pastor was already up and giving the message so I sat down and listened to what he had to say….he was talking about yesterday……

Yesterday is our past…its amazing how people keep us neutral from growth and the progressions of life by constantly bringing up our yesterday……we have all made many mistakes, but that was yesterday……we may have faced defeat, adversity, sorrow, pain, and despair, but that was yesterday….we may have even strayed away from the things God commands of us, but once we decide to get it right….once we choose to change courses in our life, those things become yesterday…..it amazes me, when I look back and honestly reflect on the path I have taken, how many folks try to convince ME to stay in my yesterday…..and believe me, I know how hard it is to cut those thoughts and people off and focus on my today and my tomorrow……

I’m not going to sit here and tell you cut people off…most of our biggest haters are the ones we love the most…..we must realize as we continue to obtain wisdom…as we continue to move towards the dreams and destinations of our heart, that some things…people, places, ideologies, and habits must cease to exist in our lives…or as my grandmother would say, “feed em with a long handle spoon”……I cant move forward if I am always looking in my rear view mirror at yesterday…I will eventually crash……if my vehicle to go to tomorrow is stuck in neutral, where am I really going….for too long, I was told what I cant do....what wont work....and how I will always be…well, my friends, I am here to say I am a testimony of what positive thinking and hard work can do….I don’t strive to be mean to people; just honest to myself….how can I focus on marriage, continuing to play the field?......how can I focus on my career wishing I was still in college?......where would I be if I still acted as if no one loved me and I was back running the streets like in high school……tomorrow is approaching fast….and I cant get ready for it if I am still dealing with….yesterday….

Continue to focus on the greatness in you….always work with high moral and never allow yourself to put in yesterday….time waits for no man…..and it is the one thing you can get back…so leave it where it sleeps…in yesterday…….

Love yall!!!


Church!!

1 comment:

  1. Simply beautiful!.... "no weeds in the flower garden" :)

    ReplyDelete