Friday, December 30, 2011

A FAMOUS NOBODY RELATED TO NOBODY FAMOUS

Bueno!! It’s almost a new year already!! Wow!! How are you great people doing today? I must say that besides being high as shit right now, I am very blessed. Thankful that each and every one of you are reading this today. For the newbies, this is Wise Words of Spaceship, brought to you by Spaceship Ohayses. Today’s edition will be just a brief recap of this past year, while also looking forward to what 2012 may hold. If you would have told me back in 85 that I would be writing a blog in 2012, I would have called you nuts!! I thought the world was gonna end in 1999 (damn you Prince!). Here I a, fresher than ever, with hopefully some fresh nuggets and wisdom for you to carry forth into the New Year.

I have to say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, this was one of the hardest years of my life in terms of having faith in myself. I don’t think I have ever been in such situations where I doubted myself so often. The great thing about this year was that I got closer to God. Not to the point where I want to be, but closer than I was. I can feel His presence a little more now. You know, there are a lot of people who say they know God and are “religious”, but it’s a totally different thing to recognize when he is in the midst. Growing up into my 20’s, this was something I lacked. I had always had a connection with him, but it was primarily through my grandmother forcing me to go to church. As my spirit became less recognizable to me, I had to ask God, “What is it?” “What do you want from me?” I became more desperate to have his anointing in my life. I realized that after the family turns their back on you, the friends disappear, the fuck buddies migrate somewhere else, and the only person I could depend on was Jesus. Now, I am nowhere near where I want to be; and the journey is hard. I am now recommitted to living as “righteous” as possible. I could never be a guy that forgets my worldly ways as they help me deal with and assist people that are trying to change their lives as well.

I had an album come out. “Operation: Hip Hop”. Well, in my mind at least. I was hoping to have the album out this past summer. Unfortunately, I was not able to complete that task so I am looking forward to having it done by my birthday next year Speaking of which- this year’s birthday bash was off the shackles!! I try to do something different each year in terms of my birthday celebration and this year’s party was nothing shy of a spectacle. I wanna thank each and every person that showed up and showed out. Next year, we are going to do it bigger and better! Definitely be on the look out for the album as it will be something like a classic. And I won’t be talking about the same thing every song.

I’ve started to learn how to love again. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. One of the most difficult feelings I have had to administer. I have always been a lover- I think. And as many of you know, I have been married. I truly believe that that experience affected me more than I would like to admit and my heart begin to hardened. Over time, instead of focusing on finding someone compatible to me, I was too busy looking at what was wrong in a person (like I’m perfect or some shit). I ruled out folks just because of ideologies didn’t appeal to me. I was quick to anger, quicker to discard, and even quicker to forget. As much as I proclaimed I wanted to be with someone, my actions didn’t show it; and my mind didn’t want to fathom it. Then something clicked. Something inside of me is changing (yes, I do know it has to do with my relationship with Christ) and it’s kind of cool. The only thing I regret is that I have met some awesome women that I may have cheated out of relationships that I know would have been awesome. And for that, I apologize. Kinda. My sister asked me the other day was I scared of my destiny and knowing that God will put an awesome woman in my life #NOMOREHOODRATS. I thought this was a very valid question and one I had to accept and consider. So now, I go into 2012 focused on not only loving myself and my kids, but hopefully my future wife as well. It feels good having feelings again. It’s been a long time.

I am also looking forward to being cast in my first play in a very long time. The play is called “His, Hers, and Mine’s” and will be coming out January 28th at the UNT Auditorium. I am more than excited about it. When I look back on 2011, I have continued my performing, have hosted or co-hosted 4 online radio shows, began my career as a stand up comic, went to Las Vegas and hosted a show there (also performed), and now acting and directing. It’s hard for someone like myself to get down on myself when God does so many great things in my life. *back from tangent* Okay, so starring in this play has allowed me to become a stage manager for another play the writer has. At first, I was kind of bummed because to me, a stage manager is nothing but a glorified errand runner. But the more I prayed about it and thought about it, I became excited. I don’t know much about directing a play and this gives me an opportunity to learn for an actual director and see what they see. I have to accept being a follower in order to be a good leader. If we don’t follow, how can we ever lead? We would never know where we are going. Sitting in rehearsal last night gave me a sense of entitlement and peace that not only can I and will I accept my position but I am excited about it. I pray you all can make it out.

If you want more details, please get at me!! Also if you would like to place an ad in the program for a very inexpensive price, let me know. Promotion opportunities are great!!

Well, I think I am about to go. Its not even 12 and I am so ready to go right now. I love yall so much and I truly wish you and your family a Happy New Year!!


Love Yall!!!


Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment