Tuesday, December 13, 2011

FEE FI FOE....DUMB??

So, as I sit here at work, I decide I may need to let some things out. It’s been a while since I can remember blogging twice in a week. Don’t exactly know where this blog will take me; all I know is that I am currently full and need to vent. With that being said, HELLO FOLKS!! Welcome to another edition of Wise Words of Spaceship, hosted by me, Spaceship Ohayses the Incredible. I may not be right; I may not be wrong. What I am is me. And I pray that you guys enjoy this journey with me!

Well, I just got over the 2 yr anniversary of my grandmother passing. It seems like only yesterday when I would call home to Michigan and laugh and joke with her. As much as I move forward, I still feel the void. With all my issues, I wish she was still here. When I would call her, I knew I would receive the truth. It may not be what I wanted to hear, but it was what I needed to hear. Sometimes, besides my sister Charita, I miss that. The older I get, the more I appreciate the honesty she bestowed on me. As I travel through life and meet more and more people, I wonder, “What happened to that?” What happened to honesty and the understanding that honesty is not negative? It amazes me how we as a society want people to lie to us and to cater to our insecure emotions. Constructive criticism has been surpassed with an attitude of “it’s not my problem”. We proclaim that “this is my friend”; yet tell everyone within listening distance instead of the person of interest our disposition. A sad state of affairs I think.

Where did we go wrong? As a child, as much as my grandparents disciplined me for lying, I understood the importance of telling the truth. Yes, I may have got a whooping for doing something wrong, but my grandparents made sure I knew that telling the truth was the right thing to do. After all, no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. How we handle those mistakes is what creates our character. Now and days, we throw our inconsistencies under a rug or in a closet, whichever one is closest. We will deny our flaws until we are blue in the face, hoping that the discovery of the truth will become less important as time goes by. Yet, it still lingers. Our word becomes our bond and once we break the bond of our own self respect, we begin to look for it by investigating others’ flaws and situations. Might as well throw rocks since everyone lives in a glass house huh?

Then we have our friends. You know, the ones that want us to go to the clubs with them, call us late at night with advice, and go shopping with us. The one you were with when you met that man/woman of your liking. It amazes me how we can say someone is a friend but as soon as they say something that goes against your mind state (even if you asked for their opinion); we begin to look at them differently. How many times have you heard of seen someone get upset with a friend because of something an associate or bystander tells them? How many friends have dissipated relationships because you ask for their opinion and they give an honest one? We say we want folks in our life that “keep it real”; we forget the rest of that quote in our heads is “keep it real as long as it doesn’t upset me”. It is time for us to stop wanted our egos stroked like young kids playing football and handle the responsibilities of adults and to think like one. No one will ever agree with everything we say, so why are we upset when it happens?

And oh, don’t let me get on relationships!! How many times have you heard a woman say, “just tell me the truth, no matter how much it hurts”? Ummm, are you sure about that? I crack up when a woman ask me a question she KNOWS she doesn’t want my answer to. Like she is trying me. If you choose to put yourself on that limb, be prepared to take the answers people have. All because someone loves you doesn’t mean they will agree with you at all times. To me, that’s what makes people great; the ability to think on their own. The differences we share as humans. If there was 53 billion other Spaceship Ohayses’ in the world, I wouldn’t feel as great as I do. If my woman agreed with everything I said and did, how would she be considered a help-meet? More like an enabler to me. IF a woman stayed with me, cheated on me, and kept feeding me crap, why would I want to stay, or better yet, how could I fix myself and the situation if we wanted to try to make it work?

We need to look in ourselves people- me included. Now is not the time to be weak emotionally and beg that your peers feed into your self absorbed ways. Understand that in life, we all make mistakes and not everyone will agree with the things we do. Be able to take it as well as dish it out. We are all critics of some things, except ourselves. We place our ideals, morals, values, and thoughts on a pedestal when in fact; we are just as simple as the rest of the animals in this kingdom. If we promote better communication- without hostile backlash- we can continue to raise our kids right, get back to neighborhoods being villages, and move closer to all of our ultimate goal- betterment.

I’m just saying.

THIS SUNDAY, YALL COME ROCK WEITH ME!!! TWO SHOWS, ONE NIGHT……IT IS GOING DOWN!!...FIRST I WILL BE PERFORMING AND HOSTING AT THE MOSCATO MUSIC LOUNGE, NIK CEO BIRTHDAY EDITION!! IT STARTS AT 6PM AT CLUB ARNETIC (2826 ELM STRRET IN DEEP ELLUM)…THEN, WHEN I LEAVE THER, I WILL BE HOSTING THE BEST OF THE BEST CONCERT AT EMERALD CITY IN SOUTH DALLAS (ON THE CORNER OF MARTIN LUTHER KING AND ATLANTA)!!....TWO GREAT EVENTS, ONE GREAT ENTERTAINER….ME!!.......

Well, let me get back to work. Just had to vent #OPERATIONHIPHOP

Love yall!!!



Church!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Just happened to stumble across it and loved it. Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete