Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SWIZZ KEYS WIT A CHICO STICK

Soooooo….I can honestly say I had no intentions to write today…….but here I am…thanks to Consuelo hounding me…and I love it……how are you all doing today?.....I am and have been well…been going through a major transitional period in my life…..and lately, I have been at the place where I am letting the chips fall where they may…..in reality, I don’t know what’s going on……it feels like a down period in the entertainment field…..and maybe that’s a good thing…….I needed to step away for a minute…still doing some things….but not as much as I should or I could...the funny thing about that statement is that its an unintentional main idea for this edition of Wise Words of Spaceship…….and the reason for my epiphany…..

Good friends aren’t nice……and I don’t think they should be….we spend so much time having the truth camouflaged by what people THINK we want to hear…..as a society, we spend a lot of time stroking egos and making sure we are accepted…….I think my social circle is small because of this fact…I have yet learned how to fake liking somebody…..this may be a good thing. May be a bad thing…none the less, it helps me identify the grey areas in my personal relationships…..even Jayla, in all her innocence will tell me when she doesn’t approve of something about me…whether its my breath, my clothes, needing a hair cut, or the wrong shoes…….and I love her for it……….

Now a lil back story about Ohayses……..I was raised by my grandparents as we all know…..and even though they were prevalent, I truly raised myself……when something needed to be done, I was typically the one handling business……even at 15 years old, I recall needing to take sports physicals…..I couldn’t wait on my grandmother to give me the money…I played tunk, won it, and got the physical done……she just reimbursed me……if someone didn’t do anything that benefitted me, if didn’t like an article of clothing anymore, even if I wanted to move residency, I did it…..without confirming with anyone and at the blink of an eye……..I was a piece of loose leaf paper....wherever the wind took me and my mental state of mind on a particular date, I went…without thinking or caring where I would be next……..

I see my life as a tree without roots…….my roots were never truly solid into the ground in the first place……..it was hard for me to see growth because of this…I never had a measuring stick….I never paid attention to where I had been……or where I was going…..all I knew is I was going to get there……on a journey with no map if you will…..without these roots, maybe I wasn’t getting the nourishment I needed to grow correctly……without these roots, I was never able to truly establish a legacy……yes I was a tree, but a tree not growing is a dead tree……….

So what am I saying?.........I am taking a closer glance at my life….I see that one of my flaws has been my persistence…….it does take hard work to see great results……..and I am very good at starting the work…..my flaw is completing it……in whatever facet…..and that is the main reason that I have not walked totally into everything God has for me……hearing this from a friend sucked……at the same time, it was refreshing…for so long I wondered what it is that I am missing in my life…….what is it that I am not doing that is stopping me from reaching my destiny……..its not so much what I am not doing…its what I am not doing on a consistent basis…….I have all these great ideas, plans, and dreams bottled up in me…I have a great family within Essential Entertainment that believes in me…it is I that lack sometimes and there, my friends, is where I fail…….

Sometimes its hard recognizing that I don’t know myself…..im used to being invincible and always succeeding....but what happens when natural talent just doesn’t do it?.......I am finally at a place where I have to sit back and pay attention….been living reckless way too long……been getting by just barely…and now it has taken a toll……now is the time for me to rectify the mistakes I have made….now is the time to admit my faults to myself and do all I can to improve them…..

Persistence….patience……drive…and a passion…..those things I have to grasp and truly shoot for….im not getting younger and the things I long for…..financial security…a better relationship on my behalf with God….a family……my own youth center…are attainable….its up to me….its time to stop lying to myself and living inside the bubble I feel secure in……..

Please don’t take this as a sad story….its a great feeling to know where my mishaps are…I am learning to listen to others and become a better person for it……..self reflection only goes so far………….


Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment