Monday, August 9, 2010

I'M ACCEPTING MY CANDIDACY!!!

Well what do you know……Spaceship Ohayses is here…have no fear!!!......how is the world treating you all today?......I know you guys are probably missing my blogs…and guess what??...they miss you too!!.......but I haven’t found that groove like I used to…….I promise one day I will get it back……..then again, I kinda like not having that weight of having to put a blog out everyday……don’t know how long this one will be either……didn’t know I was going to write one but seeing how I don’t feel like working the rest of the day, it gives me something to do……gotta stay a little longer than my schedule due to getting to work a few minutes past my scheduled time……like an hour and a half late…but its all good…….im going to make sure I make up the time so we wont have any problems………

What a weekend!!....I don’t know what else to say…I truly believe God has a sense of humor unlike any of us……I remember a song my grandmother used to sing….”he may not come when you want Him, but He’s on time”……sometimes, I think I should have bought a watch from the same store he did…….it seems that he waits until you are right at that breaking point and then pulls you back into his arms…….makes me think back to the first time I tried to learn how to swim…..I was calm, followed directions, and did everything my instructor asked me to do…….and then she let me go……and I continued to sink…and the more I sunk, the more frustrated I got….I started flapping my arms…..gasping for breath…….screaming for desperate attention…there is no way she is just going to sit there and let me drown…..is it?.......I could stop…the more I screamed and flailed, the more I succeeded in drowning….then just when I think I should give up and let myself go, she grabs me…….pulls me out of the water…..wipes me with a towel and laughs…..now who is this funny too again?.........

And that’s our lives in a nutshell…..he tells us we can do it….sits us out in that water and waits……and we began the panicking process on our own…..and the more we panic, the more desperate the situation seems…..and even when he pulls us out, we are too busy being mad about what transpired than to give recognition to the one that saved us……how grateful am I?......ugh!!......reflection sucks sometimes……..

So last night I go up to the Green Elephant for the freestyle battle…..now, I usually go to this charity event just to support my partners, the Red Eye District and rub shoulders with a few Europeans…..man, they love to get drunk!!!......I go up there and perform with one of my homeboys from another group, MoMu…….I don’t ever think I am going to win a freestyle battle…im too wordy……with battles, you need to get to the point and I think too much to put it all down within 30 seconds…….but I kept my word and went out there…..the one thing I don’t like about there shows is that they start late…I have to say that because I was ready to go by the time the battles started…..but I went ahead anyway….now depending on who you ask, I was either one of the best battlers last night or on a very lucky string….even I don’t think I did too great….I mean, I felt that I had better punch lines in other competitions but came up short……well, we won……and as much as I was not going to go…..I was so out of it this whole weekend…I went and put some unexpected dollars in my pocket…..faith without works is dead!!!!.........

Its crazy how perception of life changes when things are going well……that’s a very selfish trait…and yes I am guilty of it…….when I am down, I become secluded…..everything bothers me….and I would prefer not to share my joys or failures with anyone…..just like on these blogs….most of you know my mood swings…and there are times when I just don’t want to write…maybe its because I don’t want to be negative and spoil other people’s days…….I would rather teach, encourage, and make a person feel better about themselves……not wishing it was something they could do to help or make someone feel bad about me……that’s a party I don’t want to attend…..I am learning to open up…and not just on here….I have realized that since my granny passed, I don’t talk to anyone about things that go on in my life……..and it catches up to me…I feel drained a lot….stressed even more…and angry all the time……

Now the hard part is knowing how to pick up the pieces….how to open up and love once again…..how to trust someone with my well being……I used to think it would be okay to die lonely…..and I think that’s how I lived my life……I think it has to do with the fact that I don’t like being a disappointment……that’s one of my issues…..I hate failure…on any scope or facet…..but I am learning failure is a part of life……nobody wins all the time……..

WELL AS WE ALL KNOW, EACH FRIDAY WE HOLD A PRELIMINARY GROOVE AT MURPHYS PLACE……THIS FRIDAY WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT TO ME…..WE ARE RAISING MONEY FOR MY DJ, DJ LADY JA-ROQ……..I NEED EVERYBODY TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT THIS EVENT…….SOMETIMES, WE HAVE TO PULL TOGETHER TO HELP ONE ANOTHER OUT AND THIS IS A CALL OF ACTION……..9410 WALNUT STREET….DOORS OPEN AT 9, FREE FOR EVERYBODY UNTIL 10:38!!!........DJ BLASTT ON THE 1S AND 2S………I WILL SEE YOU THERE!!!

Well I am about to go…..shout outs to everyone that continues to support me…..I am now active on twitter so go ahead and follow me…if you think I am funny on here…you haven’t heard anything yet!!...im calling out everybody!!!...... www.twitter.com/spaceshipo


Love yall!!!!!!

Church!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know as I read your blog in many ways it touched me. Its been a year for me now that my grandmother has been gone and two n a half for my brother. He's an on time God was the song my brother would sing every time we had a youth program. I find myself wondering about where im going n life,but over time I've learned to put my trust in the Lord. Trust is the magic word. When life gets hard n we hv our ups n downs we hv to trust n believe that God has our back. It'll take time but im with u.

    ReplyDelete