Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE BLIND SQUIRREL FOUND HIMSELF A NUT!!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen……welcome to the Wise Words of Spaceship…I am your host, Spaceship Ohayses the Incredible…….bringing to you the best in blog thoughts and animated opinions…..for some, this will be a welcome…to others, a welcome back……I know I don’t write like I used to…and I miss it somewhat…..but the break was needed……..sometimes I get to wrapped up with being Spaceship and not enough time is put into being me……..and then things go awry……..so I have to make time to love my star player…as Katt Williams put it……..too many times, I have been sop worried about making others happy that I forget about the most important person in my life……and that’s not a knock on anyone……except myself………

Thinking about going back to teaching…..my excuse for leaving was that I needed more time to focus on Essential Entertainment, my music, and the business in general…thought I would be too consumed to try to handle teaching and being a performer…..and I know going back into that realm will probably affect it in some manor……but I’m tired of struggling…..I’m tired of living check to check while promoters give you crumbs because they think it will keep you quiet….I’m tired of not being happy at work…..I’m blessed and thankful to have my job, but this isn’t my calling……pushing a pen, not being able to educate the future and being that driving force behind someone’s success is killing me……I need the drug of helping other’s...in some shape, form or fashion…..I help people here…….just not like I want to…..or I need to……sometimes, I feel like the calling God has placed on my life is in vain….and I blame myself….been taking the easy way out for too long……..

And its due to me becoming lazy…..people are taught things everyday…it’s the retention of things learned that makes you valuable…..and I have been living off my own knowledge for a while….I can remember even in high school…I did my work….I got good grades…but I prohibited myself from learning…….in college it was the same thing…and that was with people in my life that were there to teach me…now that I am older, I have slacked on seeking the knowledge I need to survive accordingly…..maybe its my ego…..subconsciously, maybe I consider myself a know it all……a person that always thinks he is right……and that is going to be a mighty fall if I don’t get it together….one of the great things about teaching and being around others that strive for greatness is the opportunity to learn from them…..and when you hang around people that want better, you should…in most instances…want better as well…..its when we are around people that have no focus or vision…..or even simply ourselves sulking….that we don’t see the bigger picture in life……

I was told I sounded depressed lately…..and I totally agreed with this person….this was from someone that knew me in college….happy go lucky….always with a joke and a smile….always trying to be better was I………now, I find myself wishing for better instead of making better happen…..and I have to take a detour off this road……most days, I saw myself wanting to be happy…..but allowing one minute thing to change my disposition…..and not knowing how to get it back…whether it was at work…….at a show…..dealing with associates…or women…….my fuse has become a lot shorter for tomfoolery……..and as easy as it is to say we don’t do drama…since that is the quote for 2010…some of us……..hand raised right here…….don’t always know how to deal with it at times…….and sometimes, we don’t separate it from adversity….we bunch it all together and would rather ignore it than deal with it so it wont come back……see you can put a blanket over a pile of dirty clothes but you still have dirty clothes…..instead, I need to learn how to wash my hands of it so that it will not be there anymore……

I also recently joined a church……yes…..I joined a church……its been about 5 years since I called a church my home and went regularly…….but I feel comfortable there….and I feel that’s where I need to be……….in all honesty, I was terrified…my last church home really let me down and I was in this state where I didn’t want that to happen again…….I think a lot of my emotional instability stems from this…..I let one situation dictate my life, even though it has nothing to do with my present or future……by distancing myself away from God, due to an issue I had with man, maybe that’s why I wasn’t receiving the blessing I coveted…….I began to idolize the man instead of my Father…..big mistake by me…..but the great thing is, He has forgiven me and now, I can move forward with the things he wants me to do…….now the pastor at this church thinks I’m Kirk Franklin or something…..he always wants me on the mic during the music portion of service…..I informed him…..I am a hip hop star…not a singer…..he doesn’t care about that!!!!...he wants me to use the gifts I was given to praise the Lord…..so it’s a new thing……I told someone today how ironic it would be if my first #1 hit was a gospel song…..sounds far-fetched don’t it……..hmmmmmm……

So as you see, soul searching has been done…..I long to write you guys everyday….but in reality…my life has been about as boring as waiting in a jail cell for a doctors appointment…….surely, I will have more as my life has taken a turn for the best…thinking about writing a new album……going back to get this teaching certification….and finishing this year on a good not…God has been good to me…..I haven’t shown the appreciation I should……..acknowledgement is a start…….you cant go to rehab if you don’t think you have a problem……..got some shows next week so if you would like to come check me out, feel free to hit me up about them…….oh I am on twitter a lot lately….finally figured out how to put the app on my phone…so hit me there as well…. www.twitter.com/spaceshipo ........and unlike other celebrities, I will always respond to you……if my phone doesn’t freeze…damn Smartphone’s!!.........

Love yall!!!


Church!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment