Thursday, February 10, 2011

TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM..BUT I'M THE ONLY ONE PLAYING!!

Greeting to all my friends and socialites!!....hope you are having a great week so far and all things are looking bright and beautiful for you!!....wow, I had such an outstanding night last night…..I think one of the things that helps me on this journey to superstardom is the acknowledgment of revelations in my life…..on the surface, I had a horrible night….but once I take myself and my selfishness out of the equation, things become more clear…it is these things, that make my life worth wild…..lessons learned are rarely easy to fathom…..easy to digest…..or easy to anticipate….they are, however, helpful in obtain wisdom, patience, and an appreciation for others and their craft…..

First things first…..just found out the Beast of the Streets competition scheduled for this Friday has been rescheduled....until February 25th….not a big deal right?!...well, that is the weekend I am going home to Flint…..so I am kinda of bummed about it…even more so because before they changed the date, they didn’t ask me if it was ok…I am not sure if they assumed I would be fine with the move, were only looking out for their best interest, were too busy to confirm with me, or just a little bit of all three…..if anyone wants to sign up though, you can still get me the funds and registration information….I pray everyone does an awesome job and that they can win the $500!!......

Soo….last night I went to the Prophet Bar off Elm Street…..I receive emails about this event all the time but never took the time to check it out…….they have a live band there and they hold an open mic….not like the open mics I am used to hosting, but the one where the band plays certain songs and you can get up there and rock out….most of the artist there are singers....as a matter of fact, I was the only MC that got on stage….but I can tell you with all my heart and soul, it was an amazing evening….now I got to the club about 10…..they were about 4 people in there….no biggie….im used to going places early cause I like to leave early…..well when the band started playing, they allowed me to jump on stage and rock for a minute….now, not being one that likes to wear out my welcome, I didn’t stay up there long….just long enough to give them a skeet taste of what I had to offer…..well time went by and more people showed up….the guy that was announcing the list seemed to over looking me…..singer, after singer, after singer went on stage and rocked the crowd….BUT I HAD BEEN THERE SINCE TEN?!!...why were they all going on before me……my battery on my phone was dead and I had already made quota drinking Heinekens…..performing and sleep were the last two things on my agenda I had yet to accomplish…..each time I got ready to leave, I was told to stay….ugh, decisions, decisions…….I kept telling myself, “if they don’t call me next, im leaving”…but I never left…even took a powernap until I heard on the mic my name…so I got up…..mustered up all the strength in my soul and performed like I was the featured act….the crowd responded well….and then there was one person that couldn’t take her eyes off me…..

As I got off stage ready to make a B Line for the entrance, said lady stopped me and told me I was awesome….she asked if I had a card…..I gave her one out of my wallet and proceeded to at least listen to the next act for a few seconds…I hate when people leave right after they perform so I try to live by that creed myself….so as I get ready to leave I walk past the lady again and ask for her name…..she told me previously, but honestly, I wasn’t paying too much attention…she asked me to look it up so I did…..and WOW!!!....she has credentials longer than my……..hopefully, we will be able to chop it up and possibly this could be the breakthrough I have been praying God for….its so crazy how God continued to stop me from leaving as much as my body was telling me to go…..and even though it was only about 20 people in the club, it only takes one to pay attention to your talents and give you that inspiration to keep it up……

So I say to all my people that are trying to make a better life for themselves...never give up....never look at what is…..continue to know what God can do and how he can feed a village with bread and fish……I know I have been guilty of looking at my surroundings and thinking that there are not enough people in a place for it to be worth it….or that everyone may not like my brand of music…..but most trees grow from one seed….and that tree can have a everlasting effect on its environment……if you believe in yourself, I can guarantee you someone else will eventually believe in you as well……

Love yall!!!


Church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment