Thursday, September 9, 2010

CLASH OF THE TITANS

So it’s 12:27 in the morning……and I am supposed to be sleep…..kinda surprising I’m even at home but I really needed to catch some rest…..and here I am up…..but I think it’s for a reason…..so I’m sitting in my room, watching some comedy and relaxing my mind into greener pastures…..and I figure I should check up on you guys…..I really don’t know why I don’t blog as much……I’m on the computer as much at work…but I guess it’s that I just don’t want to be on one thing like I need to be…to keep my focus….I find that some of my writings are very spotty when I have to constantly stop and start back…..s/n…I think I am learning to type without looking at the keys all the time…and I can use both hands…….that’s major for me..I have always been a pecker!!.......so how have yall been?........I’m actually excited that you all will be waking up and reading this………maybe it can help start your day in the right manor…….
Well let me get yall up to date with me…….because tonight’s edition really isn’t about me….per se……it’s more about life..the same pattern that I have been writing from as of late…..crazy seeing the evolution of this thing……well, I just got out of jail…AGAIN…for the same crap I went for in March……so needless to say, the saga is continuing……not hosting any open mics as of right now……how do I feel about that?......not really sure….some days it’s cool…I actually like that I can go around and chop it up with folks…..if they allow, I perform…….I even get on the mic when the opportunity presents itself…..but I like not have the crybaby drama the open mics were becoming……..and I felt the bigger it got, the more I was cheating those that really made what we did great…….
Got some things brewing though…so be on the look out……don’t really wanna get into everything but I will…..now since I have written tonight, it may become easier for me to do this regularly…..I am thinking about opening up my kitchen on the weekend……what do you think?.....meatloaf or pork chop plate, 2 sides, rolls and pop for the $8?..........sounds good to me!!........may need some delivery people…….
Anyway, thanks to a good friend of mine…..who I just realized puts me on a lot of eye opening things…..I watched some documentaries on the rap version of the illuminati……very interesting stuff…….I am not sure the validity of all that I read but I do think there is something very probably about this hypothesis……Jay-Z has been very questionable to me for a minute and some strings were tied together….amazingly enough, most of the videos do depict Shawn Carter as the leader of this illuminati……
Now the point I’m hoping to make is about our kids……its weird thinking how our music has changed….I want to state that even as an artist, I do not want you to think I am hateful toward the brand of music there is in society…….I like some of it….key word: SOME…….I remember back in the day how music just made you feel good……and even when it didn’t, it didn’t necessarily want you to hit a person for stepping on your shoes…..it didn’t tell you what to wear…how to think……the rhythms and grooves of music from the older eras, gave you a feeling of happiness…..it gave you a sense of power over your life……
Now music is geared towards the artist wanting power of your life…rap music was not developed for warfare, in whatever facet..it was a voice of the people that lived the streets and maybe could sing well……it was an expression of the slums, the ghettos, the recognizable tone of the struggle…….if you wanted to battle, meet me on a box and beat me at breaking……..it was about getting somewhere….now, it’s all about being there……if you don’t have it, you are a nobody……..it’s not about the grind to achieve…its what we do when we achieve……..seriously….how many bitches did we hear in rap music……..besides west coast music…….how many drug lords were we?.........how many countries did we have estates in?.........now there wouldn’t be such a problem…..IF ARTIST LIKE MYSELF ARE NOT SUCH BIG ROLE MODELS!!........and yes, I know some of my music is not for all kids……I’m saying…we have to have a balance as adults..sorry, it may not sound fair but it’s the truth……you can make a radio edit but the hook still says “live fast and die young?”…..wtf??........our future is in a no win situation………
With society so microwavable, our youth are not learning how to accomplish these dreams…all they are learning is what to have to be considered “something” in this world……so they have to get it…by hook or by crook…and by hook, I’m meaning music…….it’s not the art of hip hop anymore…..it’s the vicious cycle of “well, if they gonna give me a deal, I’ma take it”……..and who do we blame?.....the artist wants the money…the record label wants the power……and the record company wants the respect………we are so confused as to who to lay blame that eventually, we resign out feelings………
So we go on…..listening to the same music…letting out 3 year olds drop it low…….meaning the lyrics when “ I Hate You Bitch” or “I’m Wasted” comes on in the club…waiting on the bootleg man to come to the hair and nail shops on the weekend to get that new Lil Wayne…….I can dig it..I love it to……..
But what are we taking time to teach the ones that only know this way of life?....they don’t have role models except the ones on 106 and Park…we too busy watching reality shows with our kids missing a chance to explain what’s really going on to laugh at the white girl..……and why are we steady assuming they should know better…….
Or am I the one tripping??
Okay…..okay..I’m sleepy….just wanted to rant……ima let yall go..have a great Friday!!!

Love yall!!!!!


Church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment