Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SAM'S CLUB PORTION OF FATE.....

Its 11:29…..I got me a mocha frappe in my hand…and I decided to write…..how are you all doing?.....I am good…very good right now……to those that are reading for the first time, welcome….to those that have rode with me on this journey for nearly two years, hello……..realistically, I don’t have a clue what to talk about tonight……but I will shortly…..motivation to the left of me……I guess the sole purpose of this blog is to let you all know I am alright…..God has been good to me….and I am anticipating great things in 2011……..dang, 11 years after the world was gonna end?!..........that’s a long time……
Just performed at Kwanzaa Fest this past Saturday…..it was one of the larger crowds, I have had the privilege of performing in front of…..I enjoyed every minute of it…..in my mind, it was a big time venue…..it was a chance to meet new people, interact with local favorites and legends, and get some exposure on a bigger Dallas level…..it helped me to realize that maybe I’m not done yet…..maybe I can get the consumers to respect and want my music…..performances have been so sporadic the past six months, it has been very hard to gauge my audience……but I’m working on it…….
Got a show Christmas Eve……I know that’s a busy time for a lot of people…but if you get the chance, come on out…..it’s at TI Blvd……very special guest will be in the building….I will be hosting as well as performing…..its only 5 bucks…..I think…I will get you details in the upcoming days……
I have finally decided that Act A Fool will be my first single from the album…..I know what you thinking….the album has been out over a year and you just decided on your lead single…..yep…..those are the breaks when It comes to music…..on a tangent, I have learned so much about the business side of this game in the last year, while possibly performing the least in over 3 years……you truly got to have your ducks in a row…..its hard releasing an album when you don’t have one precise song that people can identify you with……yeah, some folks know some songs….I need to get as many people as possible to know this one song……so, this is what we are doing…..
IF YOU ARE READING THIS...NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE….CITY, STATE, COUNTRY……YOU CAN TEXT SPACESHIP OHAYSES “ACT A FOOL” TO 51045 and 3145….it will take you less than a minute to do…..and if you want to hear the song, google me…or go to www.reverbnation.com/spaceshipohayses ....as a matter in fact, I encourage you to…..
I think that is part of the issue I fight within my spirit……not knowing if you know….it’s crazy how we support the things we want….and the truth is, without fans, I am nothing….but have u taken the time to check out the music….seriously?.....we listen to Short Bus Shorty….and Antoine Dodson…..and anything else deemed hilarious…..I, on the other hand, can’t get people I personally know to simply check something out and tell others…..not getting into a pity party here either…its facts….some days I wonder if I am just conjuring up my greatness in music…..and then I have people tell me how they like my music…..but who do they tell…the buck stops with them….I have been at clubs where people come up to me and want a particular song played…..are there people out there asking the DJ does he have Spaceship Ohayses??....am I simply taken for granted because I am not a big name now?.....how many times has my CD been played in people’s vehicles, homes, events?......this is the realistic stance I have to take concerning my artistry……

I have contemplated retiring on many occasions…sometimes, it’s just not worth it……there are plenty days where the risk outweighs the reward simply because I look at what is…..my grandfather taught me never to be a beggar, but am I doing enough?......am I convincing enough to have you take a chance on me?......or am I fighting a fight I can’t win?......is the truth, that I am not as great as I think or has my time passed me by?......I can only make so many sacrifices for my daughter until I realize I have nothing left to give to this industry…….
I look at some of the relationships I have made over this time frame and while some people say they want to be within my circle….in whatever facet…how can I accept that statement knowing you only want to be friends with the man behind Spaceship Ohayses……it’s a package deal here folks…..and no matter who you are, why would u associate yourself with people who don’t support your dream?....I have enough facebook friends..probably too many…..had enough females that just wanted to cut….here, buy a ringtone or something……it baffles me how some just wanna lay and wait to see if I will sink or swim….you mean to tell me you know me but don’t even know a title of one of my songs?...that’s impossible to fathom simply because everyone knows this is my life……
I do think about how many people will come around when God does bless me…….I pray my attitude changes by then….
I think about my mom and other members of my family that will finally forgive me for past sins…..
And to the ladies that didn’t believe in me……or didn’t want to because Lil Wayne is their favorite rapper…….
Sorry folks……some people can tell you that they don’t care what others think about them…but as an entertainer, I do……if you don’t like my brand of entertainment, what am I doing it for?......if you don’t feel the urge to use the simplest for of advertisement; word of mouth, what does that really say about your position on my craft……every ball player doesn’t make it to the NBA….and some of them have been pretty good…..so sooner or later, I may have to accept my fate……I won’t feel defeated…I have tried my hardest to bring to you something good….something different…..something timeless……and all I can do is try…..I have experienced great things along my journey in music……and loved every minute of it…….but the facts remain….if no one is asking for my music, why should a DJ play it?.......if no one is trying to buy it, why should anyone sell it?.......and if no one is listening to it, why should I record it?.........
Love yall!!!!

Church!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment